• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bobs and racism

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
    Never seen the press or equality commission complain about the open racism in the Bob outsourcing organisations, where its there for all to see, you only have to look at their promotions to see one caste favoured over another and so on.

If racism is bad for Westerners its bad for Bob organisations too.
    There was a tribunal case involving a law firm (I think) within the last two years where the claim was discrimination based on caste. Can't remember what the outcome was. See if I can find a linky.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
      I'm so totally against racism, but there are two categories of people I can't work with: men and women.
      Me too, I hate everybody!

Comment

bobs are racist and that's not racist

(*) irony because they also hate women!

Comment

^^ I also hate people who turn up on a forum after 6 months, make inflammatory comments and actually don't mean it

Comment

So, by extension, hypothetically, I'm not gay (that bit is not hypothetical), and I'm not keen on gays (again, hypothetical, they do clean and cook and tidy up and don't moan about leaving the toilet seat up), does that mean because I've said I'm not keen on gays therefore I am gay?

Blimey. I *could* be gay....

How did that happen? I've never taken one up the tunnel....

Comment

What if the bloke who knocks on your door offering to clean your fascias has an Irish accent? Would it make any difference to whether you asked for a quote or not? Is that racist?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                What if the bloke who knocks on your door offering to clean your fascias has an Irish accent? Would it make any difference to whether you asked for a quote or not? Is that racist?
                Yes, if you base your decision on his accent. Might not be overt but it's racist - or at least discriminatory - nonetheless.

From this thread and others I get the distinct impression that CUK has more than it's fair share of Daily Mail sympathisers. Or maybe it's just that they're the opinionated people who post the most.

Comment

No. I wouldn't allow anyone randomly knocking on my door to quote.
                  IF anyone knocks on my door offering a new drive, windows etc, I just tell them we're renting and they go away quickly.
                  Works nicely with phonecalls offering crap too.

Comment

What if the bloke who knocks on your door...
                    Ahem

I am the one who knocks

Comment

Originally posted by aoxomoxoa View Post
                      Yes, if you base your decision on his accent. Might not be overt but it's racist - or at least discriminatory - nonetheless.

From this thread and others I get the distinct impression that CUK has more than it's fair share of Daily Mail sympathisers. Or maybe it's just that they're the opinionated people who post the most.
                      Got ripped off by travellers before. I am therefore suspicious of random callers with Irish accents even if my bush does need trimming. I don't feel good about it, but that's the way it is.

Probably most of the 'racist' comments on CUK come from a bad experience not from the Daily Mail. When that experience is backed up by other similar experiences with persons of the same race, or DM stereotypes, the prejudice is more likely to stick.

Comment

Working...
                      X