• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Christmas party invite - do you accept?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The companies that MyCo. contract with don't have Xmas parties paid for by TheirCo. If the employees of TheirCo. arrange their own party, I usually gatecrash at my own expense.
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Funny, when I was a resentful maverick permie I loathed christmas parties and the higher the expectation to attend the less likely I
      was to go. Now I am a bum on seat temp I go because it seems churlish not to. Last year I had to go to two

Comment

Originally posted by socialworker View Post
        Funny, when I was a resentful maverick permie I loathed christmas parties and the higher the expectation to attend the less likely I
        was to go. Now I am a bum on seat temp I go because it seems churlish not to. Last year I had to go to two
        +1

Comment

I hate Christmas.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

My local client invites me but these are people I've known for years and worked with as a permie at a different company. If it wasn't in such an inconvenient location I might go.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              I hate Christmas.
              +1

+ 'parties' with colleagues
              Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

I once went to a clientco party after my first day in a new contract! It was a good way of getting to know everyone.

I've been invited to my present clientco's party, which sounds OK apart from the dinner jacket requirement. Not keen on those sort of parties.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I thought you had to go and knob the hot one from hr or something

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    I thought you had to go and knob the hot one from hr or something
                    Never fiddle with HR or Finance, they are the only people at ClientCo that you always need on your side!
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Is there anyone who actually likes company Christmas parties, except the overweight receptionists with highlights in their hair?

Comment

Working...
                      X