• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London house prices rocket 10% in just one month

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    THe market at large, yes. The market in London is a hedge fund, it's not to do with residence & a being a good place to live.
    I remember people saying that about Tokyo in 1988 as well
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

If I got a mortgage I could get this one...

3 bedroom flat for sale in Leamington Road Villas, Notting Hill, London, W11, W11

Nah, I prefer Munich. Not being to go skiing within an hours drive would drive me nuts.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

If I got a mortgage I could get this one...

3 bedroom flat for sale in Leamington Road Villas, Notting Hill, London, W11, W11

Nah, I prefer Munich. Not being to go skiing within an hours drive would drive me nuts.
        Picture 8..... that's a bedroom?

London house prices are mental.
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post

I thought the same, I thought it was a boat.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            I remember people saying that about Tokyo in 1988.....

Eventually sanity will have to return to the market. But that may be a few years away at current interest rates.....
            Just to be clear I am really talking about London here. I think the London/SE Market is quite unique. With London being a magnet for global workers/students/investors, and the lack of any large scale house building, I just can't see how house prices crash here. A slowdown in growth and/or a minor correction yes, but not a crash. I guess the situation might well be different in other parts of the country.

Comment

Originally posted by sirja View Post
              Just to be clear I am really talking about London here. I think the London/SE Market is quite unique. With London being a magnet for global workers/students/investors, and the lack of any large scale house building, I just can't see how house prices crash here. A slowdown in growth and/or a minor correction yes, but not a crash. I guess the situation might well be different in other parts of the country.
              Let's say a key driver is foreign money (Arab, Russian, HK, Chines, Singaporean, Greek, Italian etc. etc.) money seeking a safe haven investment in London property. What might happen when the conditions that drive the flight to a safe haven change?

Comment

I thought the same, I thought it was a boat.

It's not a bedroom, it is a 4th bed stuck in cupboard space but there are 3 other bedrooms.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  Let's say a key driver is foreign money (Arab, Russian, HK, Chines, Singaporean, Greek, Italian etc. etc.) money seeking a safe haven investment in London property. What might happen when the conditions that drive the flight to a safe haven change?
                  Very good point - it will be like in 2007 when everybody was banging on about how house prices would never go down because nobody really saw the credit crunch coming.... Then when the world economy changes and the London housing market goes bust we will all be like: we knew that was coming (as if).

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                    Very good point - it will be like in 2007 when everybody was banging on about how house prices would never go down because nobody really saw the credit crunch coming.... Then when the world economy changes and the London housing market goes bust we will all be like: we knew that was coming (as if).
                    It isn't only London though. The property market is overheating in a bunch of global cities. Just another side effect of QE, i.e. asset bubbles. The end of QE will likely be the trigger, but will it end?

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post

My first thought was that some idiots with more money than sense have ruined a rather nice house.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X