• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The 12 most liveable cities in Britain

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    There must be at least 11 reasons on that list NOT to live in a city...

And Bradford is on there? The only way Bradford could make that list in 12th would be if we only had 11 cities in the country... Bradford?!!?? Jesus.
    Food is pretty good there......

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      That lot makes for grime reading. So much for Bristol:
      I live in Easton, Bristol. I suggest that you don't believe every story you read in the Daily Mail...

Comment

Originally posted by Hardgraft View Post
        I live in Easton, Bristol. I suggest that you don't believe every story you read in the Daily Mail...
        I've worked in Bristol before myself. The best bit I remember was in the rear view mirror.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

That lot makes for grime reading. So much for Bristol:
          I've worked in Bristol before myself. The best bit I remember was in the rear view mirror.
          Have you ever been to Easton? No thought not.

Comment

Originally posted by Hardgraft View Post
            Have you ever been to Easton? No thought not.
            Yes. I got lost, everything looked the same.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I've been to all and by far the worst is Bradford. Amazingly so, as not that long ago it was a Jewel in the crown of the North. And yes it is worse than Luton, where I've also been, which never had the distinction of ever being nice in the first place.

Comment

Yes. I got lost, everything looked the same.
                haha

Comment

And Bradford is on there? The only way Bradford could make that list in 12th would be if we only had 11 cities in the country... Bradford?!!?? Jesus.
                  Totally agree - worked there for over 2 years until July this year. What a tulip hole. Never seen a place that has so much litter. My car was broken into and "keyed" twice in broad daylight. I saw a "youth" on a quad bike one day driving past a line of cars and smashing each window with a hammer! Was so glad to get away from the place.
                  Blood in your poo

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    And the award for redneck of the year with biggest vocabulary of sweeping generalisations goes to you
                    Holy crap Dodgy! I agree with you again.

I've visited all the listed cities (worked in most of 'em) and found plenty to like and few things I didn't in all of 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                      And the award for redneck of the year with biggest vocabulary of sweeping generalisations goes to you

Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
                      Totally agree - worked there for over 2 years until July this year. What a tulip hole. Never seen a place that has so much litter. My car was broken into and "keyed" twice in broad daylight. I saw a "youth" on a quad bike one day driving past a line of cars and smashing each window with a hammer! Was so glad to get away from the place.
                      Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                      Holy crap Dodgy! I agree with you again.

I've visited all the listed cities (worked in most of 'em) and found plenty to like and few things I didn't in all of 'em.
                      Damn, there seems to be a lot of rednecks on this forum :-)
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X