• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Food banks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    The Sikh temples are often overlooked. Though I have heard a few find it a bit spicy..
    I've photographed a few of their weddings too, top nosh everytime
    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      I only passed comment on this insult, that doesn't mean by omission I approve of the others.

There is a big difference between calling an arrogant twit ASSGuru or suggesting that MP was a bit of a protective mother (I stopped reading the thread at that point it was nosediving) and accusing someone of being a nonce.
      Apologies, but some of the stuff he got last night were bang out of order.

Comment

Originally posted by Hairy View Post
        Apologies, but some of the stuff he got last night were bang out of order.
        Who?
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
          Who?
          DA

Comment

DA
            Who was picking on him?
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Without wanting to bring it up again DA wasn't essentially very classy speaking to BP about his kids.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                the idea you have to get referred/assessed and only get a limited amount from them means it is not just a source of free food for layabouts.
                This is reassuring and I didn't know that. I assumed that once people had spent all their money on cider and cigarettes, they trotted along to the food bank to get free grub claiming they didn't have enough to feed their kids.

I may have to change my opinion

Comment

Without wanting to bring it up again DA wasn't essentially very classy speaking to BP about his kids.
                  that was a little silly the caped protester is quite sensitive about such things.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                    This is reassuring and I didn't know that. I assumed that once people had spent all their money on cider and cigarettes, they trotted along to the food bank to get free grub claiming they didn't have enough to feed their kids.

I may have to change my opinion
                    I think it must be a common view, that they "just give all the food to druggies". We have fairly close links with one through church and it sounds like it's far more often families on hard times.

Obviously it may vary between each one, but what I've heard personally is positive. And since you're not giving money, you know what you give is actually going to someone who will eat it.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Ive not yet had to refer anyone to a food bank but suspect it is only a matter of time. If one of the main issues is poor administration of the benefits system then that is truly disgusting. Not to mention targets for jobcentre staff to sanction people for being one minute late or failing to make 10 pointless job applications. I cant help feeling that the existence of food banks helps to shore up a move to american style welfare, where ordinary decent people end up sleeping in storm drains

Comment

Working...
                      X