• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No case to answer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hairy View Post
    and in the main, they're not.
    Really? If you believe that then off you go back to la la land

Comment

So they're not mostly straight?

Comment

So they're not mostly straight?
        well we have 2-3 officers and 3 senior police officers caught in the cover up.

They had a chance to make an example of the officers involved for what was easily provable criminal activity (falsifying a statement and perverting the course of Justice).

They had CCTV proving their statements were a pack of lies.

Instead they tried to Bully Mitchell and lie about it. If they feel able to do that to a senior MP how do you think a young black kid would fare?

Would like to see Mitchell pursue a private prosecution for defamation.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I meant Police, as a whole, in the main aren't bad people.

Comment

I meant Police, as a whole, in the main aren't bad people.
            Difficult to believe following behaviour like this.

I have no doubt many of the rank and file Police officers are good people I have had the privilege to know some. There are also some absolute scumbags that haven't been thrown out.

However this clearly demonstrates some senior officers are liars and cheats who think they can get away with protecting officers committing crimes.

Comment

It doesn't paint the senior management in a very good light, no, I agree.

Comment

The police are in the public sector. Which becomes, over time, inefficient and corrupt.

There are no effective checks or balances on the activities of the police.

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
                  The police are in the public sector. Which becomes, over time, inefficient and corrupt.

There are no effective checks or balances on the activities of the police.
                  Privatise them I say. Introduce some competition and let the market decide.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                    Privatise them I say. Introduce some competition and let the market decide.
                    <Deity> no!

The elected commissioners may have some effect.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      So let me see 3 police officers lied on official forms and to the public? Yet they aren't guilty of gross misconduct?

Discipline Plebgate police and say sorry to Andrew Mitchell, Theresa May tells forces - Telegraph

Now that means 2 years prison plus a book deal doesn't it?

No real sympathy for Mitchell he seems to be an arrogant muppet. but he did tell the truth?
                      <cough>

BBC News - Andrew Mitchell 'probably called police plebs', judge rules

Comment

Working...
                      X