• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Crimewatch - Madeleine McCann

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Madeleine McCann: time to forget? - Telegraph

"On the night their daughter was snatched, the McCanns and seven other British couples in their party, dined in the complex, leaving all their children – in adjacent apartments – alone."

So not just them then.
    Pretty sure they thought everyone else is doing it - it's fine. It doesn't make it right though.

It's tulipty it's happened to them, it's tulipty when anyone loses a child and like I have said before I'm sure they are haunted by their actions.
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      What the fck has that got to do with leaving your young children alone?
      It is the same in that it shifts the onus of blame onto the victim
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

My kids wake up most nights. I have kittens leaving them in a hotel room with the baby monitoring service on let alone wandering 100s of yards away.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
          Yeah that's are the same as leaving your child alone for hours in a foreign country whilst you are on the razz a distance away.
          They were in a camp that affords a level of security that is otherwise not present.
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            They were in a camp that affords a level of security that is otherwise not present.
            Actually, their apartment was outside of the main complex walls. Right on the end of the row. Accessible from the car park behind and a main public road to the side.
            Bazza gets caught
            Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
              It is the same in that it shifts the onus of blame onto the victim
              If you don't leave your kids alone in an apartment then the nasty abductor can't pinch your kids.

Is that concept so alien to you?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                "Too much" could be two large glasses of wine. You know full well what "on the lash" means, either make a proper argument or stop just twisting words for no purpose in what is a serious discussion.
                Too much could also be 5 bottles of wine; or, on the lash. They've admitted having too much. I'd say they did this as they were out in the open, drinking (and dancing) whilst their kid was being kidnapped and knew they'd have to admit to drinking too much. I wouldn't consider 2 large glasses of wine too much. Not at all.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                  Hhmm. But those things, those near misses, are a bit different.

Taking the decision to leave the building my child was sleeping in, to go and have dinner a few hundred meters away would not be an accident.

My opinion has always been that making this decision is different to sitting downstairs while my child is asleep upstairs, but by the same token they nor their daughter deserve what happened.
                  So what would you think if the parents had slipped out for 15 minutes for a drink at the bar? You have stated the principle that fault lies with the parents(that the Mcanns have only themselves to blame) that children should not be left alone (should parents even be allowed to go to sleep for that matter?). So are you saying it is an absolute? or do you have a time limit when parents can take their eyes off their children?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    Madeleine McCann: time to forget? - Telegraph

"On the night their daughter was snatched, the McCanns and seven other British couples in their party, dined in the complex, leaving all their children – in adjacent apartments – alone."

So not just them then.
                    No, but it doesn't make it right. I'd venture the other 7 haven't left their kids alone since...

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                      If you don't leave your kids alone in an apartment then the nasty abductor can't pinch your kids.

Is that concept so alien to you?
                      OK so the fault lies with the Mcanns? The danger of judging others and blaming the victims (which is what you are doing) has the unintended consequence of setting rules that inconveniently apply to other situation. So again let me ask you. If the Mcanns are at fault for leaving their kids unattended and the responsibility for their abduction is theirs then presumably any girl who is not covered from head to toe in rags is just asking to be raped. Or if she is raped having worn next to nothing then she has to take some part of the blame?

Comment

Working...
                      X