• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HSMP: What shall do ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And what do you mean by "there..."?

Anyway, haven't you heard that IT is not one of the skills shortage professions and we ain't giving visas for it...?
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

What makes you think that?????????

The stats say more work permits were issued than ever before for IT.

http://management.silicon.com/itpro/...9161175,00.htm
      Last edited by DimPrawn; 8 August 2006, 09:56.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio
        And what do you mean by "there..."?

Anyway, haven't you heard that IT is not one of the skills shortage professions and we ain't giving visas for it...?

Ohh...by "there..." I meant in UK . I am in india now and planing to apply for HSMP.....!!

Comment

You could just stay in India and wait for the jobs to come to you...
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Precisely my point...

And IT is not on the skills shortage list, and most of the visas being issued are somewhat dodgy ICTs, not out-and-out permits to work. As of now you will struggle to get an HSMP visa unless you have something really unique to offer... Bill Gates might qualify, the average IT grad won't.
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

There really isn't any point coming to UK to work. The economy is about to hit the sh1tter what with increasing inflation, increasing interest rates, rising taxes, high commodity prices and mass immigration from the E.European block.

In fact, I'm looking to leave.

Comment

Working...
              X