• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK high streets to house more crappy Chinese imports

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    How is the UK ever going to become a leading manufacturer is keeping believing this?
    We'll start by speaking our own language properly.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Not something you can afford why making a high end product.
      It's not a high end product though, it's over priced tat for hipsters with a huge mark up
      Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Do you think they ship the components to China from California, assemble it in China and then ship it to your shiny shop in Euroland?

From raw metal, glass, silicon, rare earth metals to the shiny cardboard box it came in, it's manufactured in China.

You really are a clown.
        Where did I say that? I'm sure you're reading the threads but is the information passing through your pupils absent of any processing? I mean dam.

Many of the high quality components are manufactured in Taiwan, Singapore, Korea, or Japan, but certainly not China. My goodness do people back home know anything of the outside world when it comes to who the global players are?

It's all very worrying. Just keep doing the shopping, let the rest of the world worry about the 'manufacturing'.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

We are the world leaders in manufacturing wealth through Ponzi debt.

Just get in and out at the right time and you're laughing.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            We'll start by speaking our own language properly.
            Speak for yourself!
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Are you really as stupid as you come across? Serious question.
              I think there's overwhelming proof the answer is affirmative.
              Keep digging though, you do such a great job of exposing your imbecility, we can just sit back and let it unfold.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
                It's not a high end product though, it's over priced tat for hipsters with a huge mark up
                Then take that and make it your business model to make millions. I reckon you'll be bankrupt in a week however.

If you want high quality you assemble abroad, if you want strikes you make in England, and if you want quality & design in the same place you make it in Germany.

Comment

Many of the high quality components are manufactured in Taiwan, Singapore, Korea, or Japan, but certainly not China. My goodness do people back home know anything of the outside world when it comes to who the global players are?.
                  Yes, I like to keep abreast of such things, as I have an interest in electronics & manufacturing technology.

Chinese companies move into supply chain for Apple components - FT.com

Plus of course China is a good place to get plastic and CNC machined metal and wooden items made.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Then take that and make it your business model to make millions. I reckon you'll be bankrupt in a week however.

If you want high quality you assemble abroad in sweatshops, if you want strikes you make in England, and if you want quality & design in the same place you make it in Germany unlike the iPhone.
                    FTFY
                    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                      Yes, I like to keep abreast of such things, as I have an interest in electronics & manufacturing technology.
                      I work for one such Singapore manufacturer from time to time. I assist with the preparation of models so that they may identify weaknesses in the production, using probabilistic methods and such like. I'm very confident no Chinese manufacturer comes even close to this level of analysis. But they're learning.

Comment

Working...
                      X