• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK high streets to house more crappy Chinese imports

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I'm beginning to have my doubts that Lord Haw Haw is real. It's too stupid to actually exist.
    Great sockie, whoever's creation it is.
    It's not often I say this but............................

WSGS

Comment

He's right, this just opened on my highstreet and everything in it is made in China.

However it doesn't sell cheap crap, just very expensive crap.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Where do you think that phone that Apple charged you €900 is manufactured?
        It reads on the back of it 'assembled in China', designed in California.

I would not call assembling manufacturing. The manufacture of a product considers the entire life-cycle. And I can tell you products stamped 'made in China' only care to make sure it does not fall apart until the sale is made. Yet the UK keeps importing them. Because we're cheapskates I guess.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Where do you think that phone that Apple charged you €900 is manufactured?
          The frightening part about your question, being a high paid professional, is you believe assembly = manufacture. It does indeed paint a grey picture why UK manufacturing is largely a collection of assembly lines owned by foreign entities.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

I would not call assembling manufacturing. The manufacture of a product considers the entire life-cycle. And I can tell you products stamped 'made in China' only care to make sure it does not fall apart until the sale is made. Yet the UK keeps importing them. Because we're cheapskates I guess.
            Are you really as stupid as you come across? Serious question.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

The manufacture of a product considers the entire life-cycle.
              So retail, after sales support and end of life recycling are manufacture?

Go and look up manufacturing in the dictionary. Then look up codswallop.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

The frightening part about your question, being a high paid professional, is you believe assembly = manufacture. It does indeed paint a grey picture why UK manufacturing is largely a collection of assembly lines owned by foreign entities.
                Where do you think the screens, digitisers, sockets, aluminium alloy, circuit board and electrical components come from? Almost none of the detailed design of those will have been designed in California. In fact nearly all the really clever stuff (ARM core + PowerVR stuff) was designed in the UK. All apple have done is plugged stuff together and contracted out the manufacturer.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                  So retail, after sales support and end of life recycling are manufacture?

Go and look up manufacturing in the dictionary. Then look up codswallop.
                  The point I'm making Rimmer is the product is assembled 'to put together' get it? Manufacturing encompasses a whole range of topics that include mass production that consider things such as product reliability, highly accelerated life testing (conducted in the US). In fact many of the components used to build an iPhone are not even made in China, which is been claimed. This is the worrying part that you're not getting. How is the UK ever going to become a leading manufacturer is keeping believing this? Doomed I tell yah, doomed.

Comment

Do you think they ship the components to China from California, assemble it in China and then ship it to your shiny shop in Euroland?

From raw metal, glass, silicon, rare earth metals to the shiny cardboard box it came in, it's manufactured in China.

You really are a clown.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                      Where do you think the screens, digitisers, sockets, aluminium alloy, circuit board and electrical components come from? Almost none of the detailed design of those will have been designed in California. In fact nearly all the really clever stuff (ARM core + PowerVR stuff) was designed in the UK. All apple have done is plugged stuff together and contracted out the manufacturer.
                      I don't disagree. The muppets before you claimed the product was manufactured in China, which is what I'm disputing. The product is the work of manufactures around the word, it was simply assembled in China because it was cheaper to do so.

Much of the electronics do not come from China, yes them make them, but if you're manufacturer worth your salt you'll avoid them such is the variance in quality, drifting parameter changes and such like. Not something you can afford why making a high end product.

Comment

Working...
                      X