• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Work permits

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mcquiggd
    A friend lives there (born and bred), and he is looking to leave primarily because he feels alienated in his own home town. He is white, of course.

Asians have offered his mother a paltry amount of cash for the house - quote 'you are the last white person here, why do you stay'.

Whenever the local papers report racist crimes by asians against whites, their offices tend to be attacked, even firebombed. So, to a certain extent, they are muted, and you never get to hear how bad it is.
    If Oldham is as poor and Rochdale, Burnley etc.. (I think it is having visited my cousin's shops there many times) I can see how one would get a piss poor price for a house. Especially if its in a Ethnic dominated area. There is high ethnic unemployment in these places so they don't have much cash to play with - unless they are drug dealers. As well the whites just wanna get out. Can't say I blame them - Asians tend to be rude, dirty and scamming the social system. When there are beautiful new developments around with single homes all white and safe - very tempting.

Who said segragation was dead. In the recent English Cities report by the ODPM - Burnley, Oldham, Blackburn etc.. are the most segregated in the country. Though if you try and tell the councils that - they deny it.

True I've never heard of whites being beaten up by Asians - are you sure none of them are drug related crimes? In general though - English youth are the most horrendous I have experienced - I imagine its tit for tat.
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

You want to live in East London - particularly Leyton and Walthamstow or St Anns in Nottingham. The only race I've not had a knife pulled on me by in the last 5 years is us good old white English!

I've actually started carrying a #1 flat blade (aptly named Mr Stabby) in the car now incase I get jacked.

I have moved somewhere nicer now btw.
      Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Originally posted by TheMonkey
        Right on, I moved to Denmark.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

No wonder most previous colleagues of mine could hardly speak english. Weird thing was they mostly had more certs than me.

Comment

You want to live in East London - particularly Leyton and Walthamstow or St Anns in Nottingham. The only race I've not had a knife pulled on me by in the last 5 years is us good old white English!

I've actually started carrying a #1 flat blade (aptly named Mr Stabby) in the car now incase I get jacked.

Nice one. I have a WW2 German Flamethrower fueled in my bedroom and a Katana Sword in the boot of my car. I also have a mace under the driver seat. Also carry CS spray on a night out, but would only use it if i got stabbed, as its illegal.

Would never ounce carry a knife though, in the UK your more likely to go to jail for carrying a pocket knife than a deactivated firearm.

Lol. I live in Hainault which is close to Leyton. This is meant to be a posh area, but twice now I have had to redirect some yob from damaging my car.

Comment

Looking at your post again. You had a knife pulled on you by an asian? Damn, its only been mostly West Indians and White guys that have asked me to donate a bank note. Have to admit, only ounce got robbed succesfully and it was for a stolen and faulty mobile. Gotta laugh, they thought they would trade it for smoke, hehe. I did not steal it by the way, bought it from some dodgy guy in the loot in the hope of selling it on ebay only to find it was faulty.

Comment

Originally posted by Helios
                Looking at your post again. You had a knife pulled on you by an asian? Damn, its only been mostly West Indians and White guys that have asked me to donate a bank note. Have to admit, only ounce got robbed succesfully and it was for a stolen and faulty mobile. Gotta laugh, they thought they would trade it for smoke, hehe. I did not steal it by the way, bought it from some dodgy guy in the loot in the hope of selling it on ebay only to find it was faulty.
                Anything darker than a tan seems to have something against me so I return the compliment. I've never actually been robbed successfully. Last near attempt was a little druggy slag on the tram in Nottingham who I held up in the air by one of her wrists until the tram attendant sorted her out.
                Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Working...
                X