• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Latest Dilemma : PVC conservatory doors vs Oak Room divider

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    I've been at meals that cost more than that for 4 of us (those were the days)

Plus its £1500 or no nooky throughout the winter. Choice is yours....
    Contracting isn't what it used to be. Still I'm better off than most others my age who I know and are in a different profession and I don't mean that in a stuck up way...

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      I've got you under the thumb...

deep in the heart of me...

Do Be do be doooo!

Voice of experience?
      Well I sort of voluntarily handed control of my life to Lady Tester having concluded that she can do a better job of running it than I can. I test, I cook, I ride bikes; that's OK for me.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Local double glazing company won't even come around and quote unless the lady of the house is present.

Maybe they have a point.

Comment

What sort of nick is your conservatory in? you might be polishing a turd if you're not careful.

Comment

Originally posted by Antman View Post
            What sort of nick is your conservatory in? you might be polishing a turd if you're not careful.
            I'm a poor contractor after spending all my money on the house, go figure.

Comment

I'm in the same boat, conservatory open to living room which I'm sure is against building regs, but I've reached the point of what to do with a conservatory that's past it's sell by date. Change the roof? Put in another conservatory or put in an extension?

Comment

I'm in the same boat, conservatory open to living room which I'm sure is against building regs, but I've reached the point of what to do with a conservatory that's past it's sell by date. Change the roof? Put in another conservatory or put in an extension?
                indeed it is against Building Regs, but for a house I plan to stay in for a very long time should be fine. Even if you want to change roof, conservatory surely you can still keep the french/pvc doors?

Come to think of it, does the decision not affect Building Reg's approval? My current conservatory was built a while back so maybe need to take this into account....
                Last edited by NorthWestPerm2Contr; 27 September 2013, 14:35.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                  Local double glazing company won't even come around and quote unless the lady of the house is present.

Maybe they have a point.
                  you shouldn't have offered the last salesperson a 'good time' if they gave you a discount last time.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

enhanced extension rules in some places 6 metre extensions on the back!
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      I've been at meals that cost more than that for 4 of us (those were the days)

Plus its £1500 or no nooky throughout the winter. Choice is yours....
                      £1500 is cheaper than a divorce as well
                      Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Working...
                      X