• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plan b - Serviced Apartments

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    It's more likely to cost £8-10 a day for an evening meal rather than a week as otherwise it won't be cost effective. Remember restaurants and pubs need to charge VAT on the meal.
    top on Google

Chicken meals | COOK

£3.99 / portion.

Frozen Meals & Desserts delivered to your door : Main Meals and Desserts

£3.95 / portion.

So if you said to your local pub / restaurant we order by 9am, cook at lunchtime and we will collect on the way back from the cleaners It will be £3.50 / portion and we will put £0.50 on top for delivery.

Its a service you might only use a couple of times a week so I didn't give a weekly price.

£10-20 per week was for the washing which for 5 shirts ironed + socks & undies is about right on SE prices.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

motels are routine in new zealand, basically a premier inn style bedroom with a small kitchen/dining room attatched. I really liked them and dont understand why they dont do it like that here.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Good point. Make sure it has parking or even better a secure garage.

With nice organiser cubby holes and good strong ceiling joists?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          With nice organiser cubby holes and good strong ceiling joists?
          Blast

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to mudskipper again.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            Blast
            FTFY (well I was about to neg her and now I won't)
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

top on Google

Chicken meals | COOK

£3.99 / portion.

Frozen Meals & Desserts delivered to your door : Main Meals and Desserts

£3.95 / portion.

So if you said to your local pub / restaurant we order by 9am, cook at lunchtime and we will collect on the way back from the cleaners It will be £3.50 / portion and we will put £0.50 on top for delivery.

Its a service you might only use a couple of times a week so I didn't give a weekly price.
              In the food industry you must present a perception that you are good to gain custom in the first place. So if you offer someone a meal that is around the price of a M&S/Waitrose preprepared meal then they are unlikely to take you up on the offer.

You also need to convince people to sign up for days at a time - so a discount for ordering for a week in advance would allow you to bring the price down but for a one off you would need to charge more.

£10-20 per week was for the washing which for 5 shirts ironed + socks & undies is about right on SE prices.
              Wouldn't you just bring enough with you and wash them at the weekend? The washing and iron is in case you have an accident which is why a washer drier, iron and ironing board would be sufficient.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Wouldn't you just bring enough with you and wash them at the weekend? The washing and iron is in case you have an accident which is why a washer drier, iron and ironing board would be sufficient.
                This - and its something to do in the evening

Comment

NSFW

I do have to admit that the recent one I stayed at, NSFW, did cost me €120 an hour and I didn't get anything to eat, just drinks and was well serviced and as for a tax expense, you couldn't beat it
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

In the food industry you must present a perception that you are good to gain custom in the first place. So if you offer someone a meal that is around the price of a M&S/Waitrose preprepared meal then they are unlikely to take you up on the offer.

You also need to convince people to sign up for days at a time - so a discount for ordering for a week in advance would allow you to bring the price down but for a one off you would need to charge more.

It's reheated in Microwave food it competes squarely with M&S, if I want fresh food I can just surf just-eat. Your edge /USP is the convenience of it being in the Fridge.

you can charge more, but the minimum price to make a profit seems to be £4. If you charge £8 then the tenant may just say I can go to the Pub/McDonalds. I can get a pint & meal for £6 or I can sit at home with reheated meals only one of these gives the owner of the flat revenue.

Its suggestions not mandatory pricing. Agree a long term deal can include a discount but the minimum of reserve by 9am means its cooked with the lunch order which tends to be quieter and cheaper staff costs plus minimum delivery cost.

If you want to spend all weekend at Darmadstat's favourite play scene then maybe you don't want to do washing at the weekend or take it home to the wife / girlfriend.

again optional services. If no one uses them you can take them off or put the price up, they cost nothing to have on the list.

Comment

Working...
                    X