• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plan b - Serviced Apartments

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know people who needed this type of thing when they had to move out of their house for insurance reasons. So if you hook up with an insurer or one of their property agents you could find you would not need to have IT contractors there.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
      TV, DVD player, Cable, Wireless, Dishwasher, Washing machine etc all a must have IMHO.

Oh, and decent cookware is a plus.

Plus the option of a trusted/vetted cleaner
      Daily cleaner that does washing / cooking (leave fresh cooked meals to microwave).

Close to hotel but with lower rates and longer term clients

Game consoles in public area.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I look at whatever a reasonable hotel chain would cost (in that city) for 9 nights and use that as a monthly budget estimate when looking for an all-in flat.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          Daily cleaner that does washing / cooking (leave fresh cooked meals to microwave).
          Most people who stay in those types of apartments don't want someone to do their cooking and washing. Otherwise they would stay in a hotel.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Most people who stay in those types of apartments don't want someone to do their cooking and washing. Otherwise they would stay in a hotel.
            True, except for bedding/towels maybe.

I like Vetran's console idea though.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Nice big smart TV, fibre broadband, all the satellite channels would be a must.
              Are you trying to get a business idea here or simply state what you would want?
              A room with its own bathroom, microwave, Wi-Fi.
              That's all you need - most contractors worth their salt can watch TV on their own equipment
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                I suspect some would - perhaps the hotel cost is prohibitive. I'd most certainly go for the cleaner, and the washing option
                Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

I've been looking for a serviced apartment but the costs are eye watering. £1600+ / month.

They look nice and swish but I can't justify that cost.

Clean laundry and bedding.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    Are you trying to get a business idea here or simply state what you would want?
                    A room with its own bathroom, microwave, Wi-Fi.
                    That's all you need - most contractors worth their salt can watch TV on their own equipment
                    I reckon the above - clean and basic, would put you in a sweet price-point between scummy B&B/shared house and a pricey hotel.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                      I'm to old & grumpy to house share these days.
                      I certainly qualify on the old and grumpy front, in fact I've been thinking of running masterclass courses in grumpy old bastard modes as a plan D.
                      That being said the house shares I've had I've almost never come into anything other than fleeting contact with the others.

Comment

Working...
                      X