• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any audiophiles about?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I've got the Sennheiser 202s, I think. Lovely but bulky.
    Don't know about the OP, but for me the bulkier the better.

The only thing is there are two kinds of noise cancellation - Preventing outside sounds from getting in, obviously, but also the converse so people nearby don't think there are bees buzzing away inside them or are disturbed by the noise.

I'm not convinced that any of the headphones mentioned in this thread so far are any good at (or designed for) the latter, which for me is a fatal flaw.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      I wish that was still the case
      Last edited by eek; 25 September 2013, 15:43.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Seriously, is there such a thing as headphones that prevent or at least minimise noise getting out? Or am I looking for something that hasn't been invented yet?

I'm sure a permie I worked with a few years ago had a pair (of headphones ) But thinking back, maybe his were noise cancelling i.e. designed to deaden outside sounds.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

The only thing is there are two kinds of noise cancellation - Preventing outside sounds from getting in, obviously, but also the converse so people nearby don't think there are bees buzzing away inside them or are disturbed by the noise.

I'm not convinced that any of the headphones mentioned in this thread so far are any good at (or designed for) the latter, which for me is a fatal flaw.
          I use mine to watch the iPad in bed. The wife's a very light sleeper and she says she cannot hear anything at all. Granted, I am not listening to music at loud volume but it's definitely a lot better in this regard than earplugs or cheap nasty headphones.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
          X