• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advice Needed - Student Son's housemate threatening violence !

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    UPDATE - student union are totally useless and ineffective
    Not a surprise, unless your planning to vote for them at next SU election - IIRC don't they get a wage for being a Union officer? - they don't give a crap.

Good result, though.

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
      Not a surprise, unless your planning to vote for them at next SU election - IIRC don't they get a wage for being a Union officer? - they don't give a crap.

Good result, though.

qh
      The reason they do it is to get a better job afterwards.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        The reason they do it is to get a better job afterwards.
        As an MP?

qh
        He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
          As am MP?

qh
          Yep though the ones I met ended up in a variety of professions including investment banker (though they "supported" Labour or the Greens as a student) and professional lobbyist.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Duh.

Yes, that's because it is.
            Not really. When it's a university managed house or flat the main difference is that you don't have a bar and unlike the catered halls you don't get your cooking and washing up done for you.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              Not really. When it's a university managed house or flat the main difference is that you don't have a bar and unlike the catered halls you don't get your cooking and washing up done for you.
              A university managed flat or house tends to be university managed accommodation that the university doesn't own i.e. they manage it for the landlord.

University halls whether they are catered or non-catered and whether they are houses, flats or floors are both owned and managed by the university. In one of the universities I attended some of the university owned and managed accommodation didn't have a bar due to it's location.

Now stop fighting.

Comment

Seriously

How is this thread 23 pages?
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  It will soon be 24

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    A university managed flat or house tends to be university managed accommodation that the university doesn't own i.e. they manage it for the landlord.

University halls whether they are catered or non-catered and whether they are houses, flats or floors are both owned and managed by the university.

Now stop fighting.
                    At my university there were traditional "halls of residence" with rooms on long corridors, blocks of flats owned by the university (some of which were also referred to as halls) and various houses owned by the university (though no doubt some have done a sale and leaseback or similar so don't technically own it). It is the latter two that I am referring to as "university managed accommodation".

Now stay out of our fight
                    Last edited by doodab; 26 September 2013, 16:12.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      You have very small pages? I only have 12.

Comment

Working...
                      X