• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tippy tappy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    I was asked not to make him feel "ganged up on". It's a small office with lots of us in here. If I spoke to him about it this ran the risk of others "pitching in" and then he would have felt ganged up on.
    And then he might have stopped
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

I was asked not to make him feel "ganged up on". It's a small office with lots of us in here. If I spoke to him about it this ran the risk of others "pitching in" and then he would have felt ganged up on.

Email leaves evidence we can use to fire you later.
      FTFY HTH
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Had a gig sat next to a very loud P.A. who spent the day talking loudly to her mother about home improvements. In order to get any work done I'd insert noise-cancelling headphones and try and concentrate. More often than not, she'd then put her own headphones on thinking the office was a bit too loud (because of her!), and would bob her head in time to the music out of the corner of my eye for an hour or two. Tough gig, that one.

Comment

change your ringtone to BananaPhone and phone yourself constantly.

ring ring ring banana phone - YouTube
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Have you tried twerking in his face in time with his tapping?
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Knobhead is tapping his desk again. I have asked him (as have my peers) to stop.

"I'll try but I'm a compulsive tapper" came the response by email.

Gonna go postal at some point
              Is he a drummer perchance? I worked next to one of those, and he'd be bashing everything on his desk with pens. I asked him to stop once, and he seemed surprised that I didn't like it.

Comment

Spread some glue on the place where he taps regularly. Next time he taps, he would be stuck for good
                I am Brad. I do more than the needful and drive the market rates up by not bobbing my head.

Comment

Originally posted by tranceporter View Post
                  Spread some glue on the place where he taps regularly. Next time he taps, he would be stuck for good
                  If you don't have any glue, use jizz.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Maybe he's actually doing some work:

Or get yourself this:

I got my mate one of these for his office:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Couldn't you wait till the office is empty one night and tulip in his chair
                      Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Working...
                      X