• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This Can't End Well

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I may have to edit this to "This May End Well After All"

Just had a call from the place that did the original work. They've accepted the part was on wrong and have repaired it (so they say ).

Get it back tomorrow. I'm not expecting a bill.

Comment

Growing old is mandatory
      Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Epiphone View Post
        In April I had a coil spring replaced in my car at garage A.

It's having some more work done today in garage B.

Garage B reckon the coil spring is either the wrong one or has been fitted wrong and will write a report for me.

So one of two things will happen. Garage A will say "garage B are right. We'll put that right straight away". Or they'll say "garage B is talking a load of rubbish. We're doing nowt". And I'm left with either a wrong/poorly fitted part or a niggling doubt.

What do the panel think will happen? Place your bets.
        I doubt very much if you needed new springs, that sort of thing is usually a scam (typical of Kwikfit). What was allegedly wrong with it? My last Ford did over 300k miles which included a lot of heavy driving in Europe. The springs were perfect even after ten years.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          I doubt very much if you needed new springs, that sort of thing is usually a scam (typical of Kwikfit). What was allegedly wrong with it? My last Ford did over 300k miles which included a lot of heavy driving in Europe. The springs were perfect even after ten years.
          My last Ford broke a front road spring at 15K - I know, because I heard it go, and I changed it myself. If you spend five minutes on any car forum, you'll find plenty of bona fide failures reported. It's because they are only (barely) built to last until the warranty ends, and our roads are shocking cart tracks these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            It was the coil spring. It snapped, I heard it then it made noises turning round a corner.

Comment

Car back, no bill. All went as smooth as could be expected.

Then some scrotes broke into my new shed last night and nicked all my car stuff. Toolbox, jack, axle stands, some decent oil I was going to put in. mad:

I'm buying a bike.

Comment

Working...
              X