• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Looks like paying for shopping bags is finally coming in

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    A lady does not carry a spanner. She waits for a man to turn up with his tool.
    On CUK she waits for some tools and some spanners to turn up and argue over the problem without actually doing anything.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

A lady does not carry a spanner. She waits for a man to turn up with his tool.
      Or tries to change a tyre on an incline in the rain....before calling the man with his tools.
      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

I'll start paying for bags when manufacturers stop wrapping food in four layers of plastic.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
          Or tries to change a tyre on an incline in the rain....before calling the man with his tools.
          Call?!? Call?!?

If you find your tyre flat in a public place a guy appears out of no where and changes it for you in a jiffy.

If you are unlucky you get your hands a bit dirty emptying your car to find the spare.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Epiphone View Post
            I'll start paying for bags when manufacturers stop wrapping food in four layers of plastic.
            What you are suppose to do at Marks and Waitrose is stand there and remove the extra plastic from goods while you are packing your shopping. Then they have to get rid of it for you.

Don't worry about the queue behind you though - well OAPs don't.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

No. That's empty rhetoric.

You'll start paying for bags when paying for bags is mandatory and you need a bag. Or are you going to become an audacious thief, a daring cat burglar, the Danny Ocean of Lidl, taking those precious plastic bags for free, one at a time?

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                Call?!? Call?!?

If you find your tyre flat in a public place a guy appears out of no where and changes it for you in a jiffy.

If you are unlucky you get your hands a bit dirty emptying your car to find the spare.
                That is not how it went, sadly. I was stuck at the side of a lane in Knutsford. No one stopped
                Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

I can't think of anything that comes in 4 layers.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                    That is not how it went, sadly. I was stuck at the side of a lane in Knutsford. No one stopped
                    Ah, Knutsford, made famous by the 'Luxury Grill Room' in the Top Rank services! Well, 'rank' was a fair description anyway.

Comment

I can't think of anything that comes in 4 layers.
                      Sir Ranulph Fiennes having a wet dream?

Comment

Working...
                      X