• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Programmers will rule the world

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Programmers will rule the world
    And testers will destroy it.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Sssshhhhhhhh

And lots not forget LTCM in 1998 where the computer models did not appreciate what was happening in the market.
      I think this was what I was referring too first and then there was one at Goldmans the other month were the guys patched the code and blew the trade engine to bits.

Comment

IBM's Watson is consistently out performing doctors in medical diagnosis
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
          Step 1: Replace Fund Managers with computers
          Step 2: <Magic stuff>
          Step 3: Profit!
          FTFY
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            FTFY
            Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic

Arthur c clarke
            Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean others cannot understand it.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean others cannot understand it.
              Thank you sas.....

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean others cannot blag it.
                ftfy contractor style

Comment

So fund managers will be replaced by programmers, and programmers are replaced by Bobs.

Therefore, lets cut out the middle man and hand our pensions to Bob now.

Another good reason to avoid pensions.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    So fund managers will be replaced by programmers, and programmers are replaced by Bobs.

All financial blagging ten dollar per day much quickness plenty cheapness.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

According to sas programmers are just typists so no need to worry. Or maybe we should just give our money to sas.

Comment

Working...
                      X