• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plastic Fantastic

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Maybe they will re-think getting rid of the 1 penny piece soon after this.
    I'd be quite happy to see the end of all the copper coloured coins, they serve no real purpose these days.

I'll be interested to see the new banknotes when they appear.

Comment

How are you supposed to use a fifty to light your cigar if it's plastic?

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        When the BoE were replacing the pound note, my dad was part of the team which proposed replacing it with a plastic note rather than a coin. So in a few years, we might implement the change which was originally proposed in the 1980s.
        It's not as bad as what happened to that guy who proposed to fly to the Moon like over a century ago...

A better way would be to intro an ID card which is linked to central HMRC run bank where all transactions are accounted for - using cash or any other means of payment (in kind) would be considered a crime against the Taxpayer...

Comment

Saw these on the news tonight - they didn't look like they would roll tight enough to use for snorting the Columbian marching powder
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
            they didn't look like they would roll tight enough to use for snorting the Columbian marching powder
            Is that a problem?

Comment

I've used these plastic notes and I can tell you that the British are going to hate them, probably to such an extent that they demand to join the Euro so they can use "proper" cotton paper money again.

They don't fold very well but they do last longer and they are pretty difficult to damage. You can put them through the washing or go swimming with them and they are still usable.
              Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                Plastic burns pretty well.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
                    I've used these plastic notes and I can tell you that the British are going to hate them, probably to such an extent that they demand to join the Euro so they can use "proper" cotton paper money again.
                    I have been living in a country that uses the plastic notes for the last five years and I think they are fine. We rarely use them though because debit cards are used everywhere.

I took a trip back to the UK last month after being away five years and was quite surprised when I was reminded how large and ungainly the bank notes are, and also how chunky the coins are. I ended up with pockets bulging with low value coinage.

Sort it out!

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      You could try not smoking plastic cigars?
                      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Working...
                      X