• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Manchester airport 4x4 car hire

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    You really are a tedious master of the irrelevant and inconsequential statement

Pot - kettle?

Comment

A RRS is what a chav who suddenly came into the money would get.
      Oh so it's only hypothetically a car for chavs? It must be terrible being so obsessed about what others think of you and your choices that you base your purchasing decisions not only on who buys a product, but who might like to buy it if they were magically in a position to do so.

Do you keep this massive list of who likes what in your head, or do you have a massive lever arch file to tell you which things you're allowed to like and which you must sneer at?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Oh so it's only hypothetically a car for chavs? It must be terrible being so obsessed about what others think of you and your choices that you base your purchasing decisions not only on who buys a product, but who might like to buy it if they were magically in a position to do so.

Do you keep this massive list of who likes what in your head, or do you have a massive lever arch file to tell you which things you're allowed to like and which you must sneer at?
        Don't worry about it, taste is instinctive, you either have it or you don't.
        Some people have class, others don't.
        Taste and class are the two things you can't buy.

HTH, BIDI
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Taste is also 100% subjective you utter muppet.

And of course you can buy taste and class, it's called snobby private schooling.

Comment

And of course you can buy taste and class, it's called snobby private schooling.
            Yah, but 90% can't afford it. You don't have taste or class for example. Sadly no brains either.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Taste is also 100% subjective you utter muppet.

No snobbery is not remotely equated with class. Snobbery is simply being socially inept and hiding behind possessions to mask your lack of fortitude.
              I tend to find that these days, the majority of people that have the money to buy ticket items lack the class to understand how to use them properly.
              In particular the lack of understanding for humility when dealing with people that are serving you in a restaurant or ability to use of the words Please and Thank you are a key sign of lack of class.

Before you ask: Yes manners are the keystone of having class because to be truly classy you must be able to make those around you feel equal.

Comment

Yah, but 90% can't afford it. You don't have taste or class for example. Sadly no brains either.
                I've got good enough taste to recognise you as an arrogant snob.

Comment

I've got good enough taste to recognise you as an arrogant snob.
                  I see you don't understand what taste is, as I thought. I rest my case.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                    A Range rover sport is not a proper 4x4 (its ground clearance will be too low) and for the record if it snows the last thing you want is a git panzer with 20" racing wheels and grippy summer tyres. Last time it seriously snowed over here my Saab front wheel drive did as well as my V8 Discovery 3. So if you just want to look like yet another Manc WAG then be my guest the New RR Sport is great for people that own white stilettos and think champagne comes in yellow plastic but you dont need a 4x4 to drive round on a road....
                    The RRS is based on the Disco 3 chassis, so ground clearance is fine.

Don't worry about it, taste is instinctive, you either have it or you don't.
                    Some people have class, others don't.
                    Taste and class are the two things you can't buy.

HTH, BIDI
                    Now, did you buy a stupid little plastic hatchback sports car the other day?

The trouble is, too many people whine on about taste and style, as though they are the last word and authority on it. I think, the more people go on about style and taste, the more they're worried about their own. Style, taste, is subjective, and has always been thus, the fickle way things come into and even faster, out of style surely indicates that to anyone with any wisdom at all.

I think taste and style is dictated by how much of a tulip you give to it. I don't apply any points to anyone's style, for I genuinely don't give two tulips if people think I have any or not. More so when these people drive cheap, ugly sports cars as someone said they're a bit of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                      No snobbery is not remotely equated with class. Snobbery is simply being socially inept and hiding behind possessions to mask your lack of fortitude.
                      I tend to find that these days, the majority of people that have the money to buy ticket items lack the class to understand how to use them properly.
                      In particular the lack of understanding for humility when dealing with people that are serving you in a restaurant or ability to use of the words Please and Thank you are a key sign of lack of class.

Before you ask: Yes manners are the keystone of having class because to be truly classy you must be able to make those around you feel equal.
                      Couldn't agree more to these two comments. Sas all over the former, and particularly inept at the latter.

Comment

Working...
                      X