• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Manchester airport 4x4 car hire

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    How old is the mini scoot? I am getting my lot one of these for when we go abroad next time
    Would you not be better just buying a decent backpack which can be used for any purpose, and a reasonable booster seat which you put into the backpack when you are likely to need it, and take out when you don't?

Having one product which only does one thing doesn't seem to be a good replacement for two separate things, which can be more useful, for the same kind of price. There doesn't seem to be enough space in the backpack for my liking (thinking of the amount of things my children take away with them), and if you want to have a backpack as well then you need to take another one, rather than just taking it out of the bag and leaving it in the car.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      throw

I honestly have no idea what that means, or was meant to say.
      It's a tasty sandwich. There I was cycling back at pace to the office in eagerness to get tore in like, and the rain made the soggy paper bag fail and plop the sandwich was on the road like roadkill.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        Would you not be better just buying a decent backpack which can be used for any purpose, and a reasonable booster seat which you put into the backpack when you are likely to need it, and take out when you don't?

Having one product which only does one thing doesn't seem to be a good replacement for two separate things, which can be more useful, for the same kind of price. There doesn't seem to be enough space in the backpack for my liking (thinking of the amount of things my children take away with them), and if you want to have a backpack as well then you need to take another one, rather than just taking it out of the bag and leaving it in the car.
        I will use mine for primarily when flying, this time we did the actual booster seats in a carrier back on the flight, but it then means they can't take any toys etc to play with to keep them entertained in the airport, this seems like a good comprise.
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I will use mine for primarily when flying, this time we did the actual booster seats in a carrier back on the flight, but it then means they can't take any toys etc to play with to keep them entertained in the airport, this seems like a good comprise.
          The iPad mini is an essential when travelling with the little one. It's like magic. Disembarking the aircraft I've had many a passenger say to me 'I din't even realise there was a a child on the plane!'
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            The iPad mini is an essential when travelling with the little one. It's like magic. Disembarking the aircraft I've had many a passenger say to me 'I din't even realise there was a a child on the plane!'
            They have Android tablets, and yes they are life savers, but I carry these with me
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

They have Android tablets, and yes they are life savers, but I carry these with me
              Oh come-on, put your hand in your pocket and buy them an apple

Comment

And the winner is

Low Cost UK Car Hire and Van Rental from Thrifty Car Rental

Easily the best of the northern contingent. £550 for a range rover sport for 8 days! With a child-seat! - Bargain!!

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                  A Range rover sport is not a proper 4x4 (its ground clearance will be too low) and for the record if it snows the last thing you want is a git panzer with 20" racing wheels and grippy summer tyres. Last time it seriously snowed over here my Saab front wheel drive did as well as my V8 Discovery 3. So if you just want to look like yet another Manc WAG then be my guest the New RR Sport is great for people that own white stilettos and think champagne comes in yellow plastic but you dont need a 4x4 to drive round on a road....
                  You do realise you're talking to a CUK cretin?
                  He probably thinks he looks cool in a Range Rover Sport, rather than it shouting out "working class chav approaching!"
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

You're so out of touch with the poor and unwashed; "Working class" and "chav" are pretty contradictory terms. The only way chavs can have a RRS are to win the lottery, steal one, be involved in the drug trade, or be Wayne Rooney... most middle-class permies can't afford one!
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      You're so out of touch with the poor and unwashed; "Working class" and "chav" are pretty contradictory terms. The only way chavs can have a RRS are to win the lottery, steal one, be involved in the drug trade, or be Wayne Rooney... most middle-class permies can't afford one!
                      You really are a tedious master of the irrelevant and inconsequential statement
                      A RRS is what a chav who suddenly came into the money would get. Or what Arabs buy for their feckless offspring.
                      Most non-U.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X