• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Heating's on

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I only have 3 piece of coal to last all year so it's staying off for now.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

******* soft southern shandy drinking fairies!
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Am I first to crack?
        Fire lit. Bought chainsaw
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
          Mine has this ingenious temperature controlled switch, meaning I don't have to worry about switching it on at the start of autumn, it just stays on all year and does nothing when it's warm.

You might want to look into something like that.
          I have one of those. Unfortunately there is a nut loose on it.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            ******* soft southern shandy drinking fairies!
            WSMS. Less than 7°C in the office then the heating comes on!
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
              Mine has this ingenious temperature controlled switch, meaning I don't have to worry about switching it on at the start of autumn, it just stays on all year and does nothing when it's warm.

You might want to look into something like that.
              Thats ok as long as you don't mind having the central heating waste the power to heat up the tank then switch itself off after a few hours... My plumber was saying that its far cheaper to never let the tank cool down...

Might have to try that this year...

Comment

I run mine all year on principal. I have a boiler I feed with £50 notes.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                  Thats ok as long as you don't mind having the central heating waste the power to heat up the tank then switch itself off after a few hours... My plumber was saying that its far cheaper to never let the tank cool down...

Might have to try that this year...
                  Your plumber is a plum.

The rate of energy loss is proportional to the temperature. Ergo, you are losing (and therefore replacing) more energy when the tank is hot than when it cools right down and you bring it up to the same temperature again.

Though I doubt the tank is part of your central heating system, the same principle applies to the rooms in your house.
                  Last edited by doodab; 10 September 2013, 07:13.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    I have a boiler I feed with £50 notes.
                    But enough about your wife, how do you heat your house?

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                      Your plumber is a plum.

The rate of energy loss is proportional to the temperature. Ergo, you are losing (and therefore replacing) more energy when the tank is hot than when it cools right down and you bring it up to the same temperature again.

Though I doubt the tank is part of your central heating system, the same principle applies to the rooms in your house.
                      I think I need to actually do some physics revision to be honest. My understanding was by keeping the tank insulated an warm I am only trickling a few Kw keeping things toped up. It obviously doesn't work that way.

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                      But enough about your wife, how do you heat your house?
                      At the moment I think I am smelting gold nuggets rather than heating a house judging by the bills

Comment

Working...
                      X