• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best car for £1K?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Insurance for 18 year old will very likely be more like £2K.
    Really
    feck me. Ok I'll pay his insurance up to £1k
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

It'll cost a few bob to insure him.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Really
        feck me. Ok I'll pay his insurance up to £1k
        Buy him a LEV and put it through your company so you take the BIK.

Comment

Yaris, Micra, Ka, I guess for a grand you'll be looking at models from the turn of the millennium.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Fiat 126 then chat up a rich bird.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I'm not sure if he's considered the cost of insurance here, SAS.

Average insurance for young drivers is £1200. Useful stuff here: Car Insurance for Young Drivers: Tips & discounts- Money Saving Expert

Just in case no one else mentions it, like.
              Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

When did the insurance go up so much?
                Don't recall paying as much when I bought by first car for £500, a Renault 11, I think, which was uber-reliable - so long as it didn't rain, when it just spluttered and stopped.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

I'm assuming you're old. Quite old, anyway. Yes?

I think my first car cost about £100, 14 years ago. A beige metro that I loved dearly. It cost, I think, about £900 to insure.
                  Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                  +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    When did the insurance go up so much?
                    Don't recall paying as much when I bought by first car for £500, a Renault 11, I think, which was uber-reliable - so long as it didn't rain, when it just spluttered and stopped.
                    Because accidents are expensive and 50% of 18 year olds have an accident in the first year.

The apprentices at clientco are paying £1000-1500 if female, £2000+ if male. In all cases it has to be paid up front as they can't get credit for that amount
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      Because accidents are expensive and 50% of 18 year olds have an accident in the first year.

The apprentices at clientco are paying £1000-1500 if female, £2000+ if male. In all cases it has to be paid up front as they can't get credit for that amount
                      That sounds like a load of hairy old b0llocks to me.
                      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                      X