• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Number 13

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    I know KLM don't and often on larger aircraft row 13 would fall between business and cattle so it's easily omitted. Apparently some now leave out row 17 too.
    What's the significance of 17?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Originally posted by Wikipedia
      According to Leon Kass, 17 has some significant meaning (as yet not known exactly) in the book of Genesis.
      It must herald the end of days if someone sits in a seat numbered 17.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        A bit of googling suggests that italians don't like it. XVII -> VIXI -> I have lived.

Also

In Islamic tradition, 17 is the number of liturgical gestures employed in the 5 daily prayers and it is also the number of words used in the call to prayer.

Why No Row 17 On Lufthansa — Civil Aviation Forum | Airliners.net

Could just be the ramblings of an internet nutter though.

Comment

Actually prefer the 11/17 looking too similar idea.

Comment

Microsoft Office went from version 12 ( 2007 ) to version 14 ( 2010 )

Which you can check by looking at the version numbers on the SharePoint DLL's

Comment

they fiddled the calendar this year to make sure there is no 13/13/13
              it goes straight from 31/12/13 to 01/01/14

suprstition or what ?

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                A lot of streets don't have a 13. I know ours doesn't.
                The Telly licencing lot thought that there was a 13 on one street I lived in.

The chap at 15 got pestered regularly by them looking for it.
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  (Tall ones have no floor 13, which at least makes for one less floor to go down when the fire alarm goes off.)
                  Tall buildings do have a 13th floor, it's just that in many instances it's labelled "14".

Labelling the 13th floor as "14th" doesn't take away from the fact that it's the 13th floor - it makes as much sense as saying that the 12 disciples plus Jesus equals 14 people just to avoid saying the word "13".

Comment

What annoys me is the missus is always saying 'touch wood'
                    but when I wake up every morning with a bonio she is up and in the shower before you can say 'slurrp on this rascal you horney bint'

women eh ?

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I've got a black kitty. Her name is 13.

Comment

Working...
                      X