• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lloyds TSB the T must stand for Tulipe

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
    Absolutely unbelievable, I've already ranted a lot but thought hmm I wonder if this has ever happened to another contractor on here.

I finally paid a dividend and sent the money by fast pay to my current account in Lloyds from my Natwest account in the middle of last week. On Saturday I get a letter from Lloyds stating I need to take in photo ID to a branch as there's been unusual behaviour on my account...
    Apparently there have been a lot of money laundering attempts going through Lloyds TSB in the last several years. Not quite sure why they have been singled out, assuming what I heard is accurate and they have.

I tried to open an account there a couple of years ago, and the air of suspicion and paranoia was so blatant and offensive that I walked out half way through and opened one with the Metro Bank instead. I reckon the two women I dealt with in the High St Kensington branch may even have been seconded from MI5 or somewhere such was their hostile and officious attitude.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      Apparently there have been a lot of money laundering attempts going through Lloyds TSB in the last several years. Not quite sure why they have been singled out, assuming what I heard is accurate and they have.

I tried to open an account there a couple of years ago, and the air of suspicion and paranoia was so blatant and offensive that I walked out half way through and opened one with the Metro Bank instead. I reckon the two women I dealt with in the High St Kensington branch may even have been seconded from MI5 or somewhere such was their hostile and officious attitude.
      Lloyds were always very nice to me, they kept phoning me up and inviting me for chats. The fact it was just trying to sell me something.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

This is not at all surprising, because being part-owned by the government they are now effectively a public sector organization. So uselessness is to be expected.

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
          This is not at all surprising, because being part-owned by the government they are now effectively a public sector organization. So uselessness is to be expected.
          Santander have done similar in the past to family members and friends - so I conclude that some banks have more stupid staff than others.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Using LTSB for business and personal for many years now and I've come to conclusion that LTSB is a pile of tulip.

Contant problems with them blocking card for payments made to same company as before, all sort of errors, paying fook all on money kept with them, when threatened to move account not even making effort to keep it.

Comment

I moved from Lloyds TSB who I had used for all my accounts, the service was terrible and getting worse.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                I moved from Lloyds TSB who I had used for all my accounts, the service was terrible and getting worse.
                As Sas said earlier maybe that don't/didn't want our custom
                In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
                  As Sas said earlier maybe that don't/didn't want our custom
                  I don't think they did to be honest, there was a reasonable sum contained in the accounts, they never batted an eye lid as I asked to close 3 accounts and a credit card. I would have though they would have tried to save the business account which had a pretty decent turnover and a monthly charge but no.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    I don't think they did to be honest, there was a reasonable sum contained in the accounts, they never batted an eye lid as I asked to close 3 accounts and a credit card. I would have though they would have tried to save the business account which had a pretty decent turnover and a monthly charge but no.
                    That is bizarre, I guess they're customer service could with a complete overhaul. Even when I explained the to the Fraud team that I had complied with their original instructions they still didn't care that they had issued me the wrong instructions to begin with.
                    In Scooter we trust

Comment

I had gone into a branch to query a charge, when I asked someone at customer services they sat me down at a desk in the middle of a branch and phoned up an Indian call centre for me, after 5 minutes of the usual standard of bob call they cut me off.

I walked back up to the customer service desk, pulled out all of my cards and told them to close the accounts, gave them a sort code and account number to send the money to.

Comment

Working...
                      X