• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recent films

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    I also saw Oblivion last night. It was ok, 7 seems about right in IMDB terms, but it's one of the most derivative films I've ever seen - the plot and virtually every scene being taken from somewhere else
    I've heard that too, that it's like a combination of other superior sci-fi movies.

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Oh how I crave a good new sci fi movie
    Me too, I thought Prometheus might be that movie but it's just alright, nothing special

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
      I thought Prometheus might be that movie but it's just alright, nothing special
      Yep same here

I'm currebtly looking for inspiration here:
      IMDb: Highest Rated Sci-Fi Feature Films With At Least 1,000 Votes

But seeing some of the "top rated" ones depresses me

Comment

I like the look of "Ender's game" has anyone read the book?
        In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Thought the ending was pap though.
          Have to agree there - It was if they'd run out of money or time.

Rather like a novel I read a couple of years ago, The Historian, by Elizabeth Kostova - A gripping and intriguing thriller, let down by an abrupt and anti-climactic ending. Apart from anything else, with a different ending it would have been a cinch for a sequel.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I am waiting for Asimov's foundation series to be made into a trilogy. Would be epic.
            I am Brad. I do more than the needful and drive the market rates up by not bobbing my head.

Comment

Recent(ish), but not new.

I watched 21 Jump Street last night on Netflix. There were quite a few bits that had me laughing out loud (not just saying LOL). I was surprised at how good a movie it was.

Comment

Watched the latest Star Trek last night, it was well rank.

Comment

Comment

Alpha Papa

Went to see the latest Steve Coogan / Alan Partridge flick with quite low expectations, but it was very good indeed, laugh out loud funny.

Has the best joke about Cancer ever.
                    My 12 year old is walking 26 miles for Cardiac Risk in the Young, you can sponsor him here

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X