• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Splitting the Bills

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relatively even split of all bills, except I pay a little more as my daughter lives with us.

I pay 99% of the food bill.

Garage, cars, boundary wall and paving the garden are also paid for by me.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      Similar to EEK it all comes out of my account but her indoors gets an allowance for fripperies (should send MP & MS ballsitic).

She gets to keep any pin money she earns (seriously she pays for food,holidays & things for the kids).
      I have no problem with men paying mortgage and bills and the woman staying at home with the kids/working part time (or vice versa although it seldom happens) as long as both partners are happy with the arrangement and the sharing of the money earned isn't a point of contention or a control tool. But unfortunately such arrangements, when things do go wrong, result in the sort of threads we see too often where suddenly the money is "mine" and she's a money-grabbing bitch for expecting to come out of the marriage with half a house when she didn't pay for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
        Relatively even split of all bills, except I pay a little more as my daughter lives with us.

I pay 99% of the food bill.

Garage, cars, boundary wall and paving the garden are also paid for by me.
        What happened about the hoarding?

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          I pay for everything and give the missus an allowance of £1200 per month.

Comment

Have separate accounts but only because it's easier to get more accounts and the bonuses that way, and because it's a hassle to sort out joint ones.

We have his & hers for all credit cards and virtually everything is paid for on CC. They come out of my account, but I raid her current account to nick her salary.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

MF forgot the decimal point after the '2'.
              Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

I pay for everything at the beginning of the month, and once the credit card bills are paid off at the end of the month, the other transfers a good chunk to my account, to prep me for the next month. Bless her
                I am Brad. I do more than the needful and drive the market rates up by not bobbing my head.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  I have no problem with men paying mortgage and bills and the woman staying at home with the kids/working part time (or vice versa although it seldom happens) as long as both partners are happy with the arrangement and the sharing of the money earned isn't a point of contention or a control tool. But unfortunately such arrangements, when things do go wrong, result in the sort of threads we see too often where suddenly the money is "mine" and she's a money-grabbing bitch for expecting to come out of the marriage with half a house when she didn't pay for it.
                  We have always had a joint account for all bills and my wages/divs go into that and we have to a degree discounted mrs 5* wages. We never use her money on mortgage applications etc.

We have a quite open understanding of the finances although I know of people who calculate how much they should put into the "pot" based on how much they earn compared to their partner/wife/husband

To us its an alien concept but it must work.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    I have no problem with men paying mortgage and bills and the woman staying at home with the kids/working part time
                    My wife doesn't work, she stays home and looks after the kids, so I pay for everything. Including my mother in laws cigarettes
                    Which is somewhat annoying seeing as I've had to give up due to impending bench time,meaning I can't afford to smoke.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                      I pay for everything and give the missus an allowance of £1200 per month.
                      Which she sends back to Thailand?

Comment

Working...
                      X