• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Lone Ranger.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    In other news, watched "Cross of Iron" starring James Coburn & directed by Sam "slow motion" Peckinpah.

Cross of Iron - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It was ok.

I remembered seeing it on the telly several decades ago.
    It's a good anti war film, for another counterpoint check out 'Come and see'
    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by Jubber View Post
      Ahhhh .... but what does it mean?
      I remembered the song ( sad !), but was curious as to meaning, didn't realise it was classed as one word (longest in the world allegedly), but was even more astounded that a google search bring up 1 result - 1 !

I have never seen that before.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck,it must be a duck

Comment

Another film noir, "The Killing", starring Sterling Hayden, directed by Stanley Kubrick.

Or how not to steal $2M in 1956.

The Killing (1956) - IMDb
        I can't remember much of that now but I'm sure I liked it. It's about a robbery at a horse racing track isn't it? One of the inspirations for Reservoir Dogs, along with Ringo Lam's City On Fire.

Comment

Yup.

That's the one.
          And if I remember rightly Sterling Hayden was the bad cop in The Godfather, who Al Pacino guns down in the restaurant.

I'm a font of knowledge about films made before I was born. Know feck all about the recent ones though

Comment

Due to circumstances beyond my control, the ZeitFilmicReview thread is suspended until further notice.

I'm sure the assembled congregation will be able to contain their disappointment.

Aha! It's not me putting the "g" on the end of , it's the browser.

I thought I was going
            What's up Zeity? DVD player on the blink?

Comment

Due to circumstances beyond my control, the ZeitFilmicReview thread is suspended until further notice.

I'm sure the assembled congregation will be able to contain their disappointment.

Aha! It's not me putting the "g" on the end of , it's the browser.

I thought I was going
              Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

NickFitz got a nice film in his Secret Santa. Perhaps he'll post a review soon.

Comment

I watched the Lone Ranger at the weekend, the new Johnny Depp one. Not very good, until the last 20 minutes which I thought was simply amazing with the effects and stunts. I can't emphasise how jaw-droppingly jaw-dropping it was!

Comment

I just can't take seriously, specifically in general, a version of Tonto with a dead bird on his head.
                    I don't think you're supposed to take it seriously. That's actually part of the joke

Comment

Talking of such things I record episodes of TOTP2 so I can stare wistfully at the amazing dance feats of Legs & Co while soliloquising about where the intervening years have gone.

On a recent episode they showed a song by Quantum Jump which was about the Lone Ranger. Here are some lyrics that completely passed me by in 1979:

Tonto know that Kimosabi
                      Never ever have a woman
                      Tonto sometime stop and wonder
                      What the trip with the great white brother
                      Maybe masked man he a poofter
                      Try it on with surly Tonto
                      Let me say to mister lawman
                      Tonto doesn't mind

[chorus]
                      Hi ho Silver away
                      Ride into tomorrow today
                      But who was that masked man you say