• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Germans not so rich

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top comment says it all really -

In the case of the UK (and US) consumption is not a sign of strength but weakness.

The current level of consumption is only possible with vast and wholly unsustainable trade and government deficits, and ultra low interest rates, and very high levels of personal debt, and very over valued house prices, and over valued currencies relative to the likes of China.

In short the UK is a bubble economy and its present level of consumption a mirage.

In Germany the level of personal consumption is wholly sustainable.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

hmmm you know I think no one has an idea and these people just make it up as they go along.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        Phew, got out just in time then!
        Got a phone call for a project in Gütersloh at a place beginning with 'B' today, nuff said....
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          hmmm you know I think no one has an idea and these people just make it up as they go along.
          WHS +1
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Maybe we could look at it a different way: Are Germans really poorer than Spaniards, Italians and Greeks? | vox. Its amazing what you can do with figures

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Once the Euro breaks up the figures will look very different. Nothing to happen until after German elections in September - but 2014 looks like it might be a fun year. Hopefully soon Italy will pull the plug on the whole rotten scheme and then those who backed the Euro will be sent to Nuremburg for judgement.
              If euro actually collapses then the fair trial followed by swift execution will be held in Shanghai

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                If euro actually collapses then the fair trial followed by swift execution will be held in Shanghai
                I'd actually put money on a pancake collapsing under it's own weight before the euro.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  Got a phone call for a project in Gütersloh at a place beginning with 'B' today, nuff said....
                  WGAS? The place I was working began with A, and I already met my replacement.
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

It's a little silly to compare to the "UK" with Germany.
                    There are actually three "countries" or economic entities to compare: (1) the services powerhouse and global city of Greater London with the highest per capita GDP in Europe, (2) Germany and (3) a depressed region we may call ScotNorthland, unproductive and dominated by the public sector.
                    I am pleased I live in what other countries in Europe will aspire to be in 30 years, the global services entrepot of London, to coin a phrase, when Germany is a husk of its former self, having suffered a life-changing demographic shift, that will see 10 working people for every 9 pensioners by 2030.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      It's a little silly to compare to the "UK" with Germany.
                      There are actually three "countries" or economic entities to compare: (1) the services powerhouse and global city of Greater London with the highest per capita GDP in Europe, (2) Germany and (3) a depressed region we may call ScotNorthland, unproductive and dominated by the public sector.
                      I am pleased I live in what other countries in Europe will aspire to be in 30 years, the global services entrepot of London, to coin a phrase, when Germany is a husk of its former self, having suffered a life-changing demographic shift, that will see 10 working people for every 9 pensioners by 2030.
                      So you're saying we're no longer fooked?
                      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                      X