• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The High Street is Dead and Shops should be Turned into Homes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had an argument at the railway station on Saturday. Statement we removed free parking in January and you now have to pay .

Well that is all fair and good and yes it is clear if I walk away from the station to THAT payment machine unfortunately you fail to mention the fact on the machine and sign you walk past as you walk towards the station by the station entrance itself.

I think he got upset when I called the operations director at 7pm to handle the issue. I can't think why?
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Business rates are way too high.
      I second that. Even in the little grubby town I have my office in the rates on my office are more than the rent! Luckily I get 100% back for the moment - but even the empty building rate is more than my rent.
      McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Another one gone...

Was in ModelZone in Temple thon't motorway (traff centre) and it has a closing down sale, found out it's gone bust, debts of £11m.

Apparently Deloittes warned them a while back that they were expanding too quickly.

Still, there's some decent bargains to be had, but no Hornby or Scalextric (they also owed Hornby £200K but they have wavied this debt)

qh
        He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
          Was in ModelZone in Temple thon't motorway (traff centre) and it has a closing down sale, found out it's gone bust, debts of £11m.

Apparently Deloittes warned them a while back that they were expanding too quickly.

Still, there's some decent bargains to be had, but no Hornby or Scalextric (they also owed Hornby £200K but they have wavied this debt)

qh
          That is a shame, although not a huge surprise. I've been itching to buy a new R/C truck but they have nothing in there I want so I'm forced to look online.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
          X