• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Not many things bring a tear to my eye, but this does

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    It's hard enough to attract decent social workers as it is - hence the many complaints about them. If they work under the threat of jail for screwing up, I doubt that will help the situation.

Not one for thinking things through, are you? The depths of your ignorance never ceases to amaze me.

I know some kids with severe allergies. Some, without vigilance from their carers, would rapidly eat themselves to death.
    I think his satement was knee-jerk - I know I certainly thought the same thing.

Most social workers are next to useless (for many reasons, not least the fear of being sued for doing the wrong thing when they think they are doing the right thing!) but some are worth their weight in gold unfortunatly they are few and far between.
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

pay doesn't look too bad:

Social Worker Salaries

though most of the actual work seems to be done by contract workers.

For some reason entry / qualification requirements are a degree?

They were suggesting the other week encouraging ex forces to join probation and social work. Though I suspect some of the current stories would be replaced by 'abusive Dad & Mum found sliced into salami with bayonets' which wouldn't be an entirely bad thing. Though ex squaddies would probably be smart enough to get their mates from another area to do it.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

It's hard enough to attract decent social workers as it is - hence the many complaints about them. If they work under the threat of jail for screwing up, I doubt that will help the situation.

Not one for thinking things through, are you? The depths of your ignorance never ceases to amaze me.

I know some kids with severe allergies. Some, without vigilance from their carers, would rapidly eat themselves to death.
        If they were decent social workers then they would never let this happen, this is gross negligence. It's better to risk upsetting the parents than turning a blind eye out. Also the ad hominem attacks when someone has a different opinion is a nasty especially from a mod who should be an example to other posters.

Comment

Originally posted by proggy View Post
          Also the ad hominem attacks when someone has a different opinion is a nasty especially from a mod who should be an example to other posters.
          I don't see an ad hominem attack, merely a statement of fact.
          HTH, BIDI.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            I think the fact that the kid was tucking into leftovers from the bins ought to have been some kind of indicator that he was not that concerned about his "allergies".
            Yeah a primary school child is definitely to be trusted when they tell you they are allowed to "eat what they want".
            Then again, you don't have any kids
            Having kids doesn't make you more objective. The fact you managed to inseminate someone doesn't somehow grant you knowledge of childcare at a national strategic level, you plum.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              I don't see an ad hominem attack.
              HTH, BIDI.
              That's because you have the IQ of a retarded goldfish. <-- Did you see that one?

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                ??? that's inhuman.
                If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

Originally posted by mos View Post
                  ??? that's inhuman.
                  It's those inhuman, criminal, Eastern Europeans, you see.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by proggy View Post
                    If they were decent social workers then they would never let this happen, this is gross negligence. It's better to risk upsetting the parents than turning a blind eye out. Also the ad hominem attacks when someone has a different opinion is a nasty especially from a mod who should be an example to other posters.
                    It's not black and white. For starters both children and adults can present with diseases whose symptoms look like ones of abuse.

Parents have been jailed for this even in cases where a doctor doing the right tests on the mother would show it wasn't abuse.

Then there is the issue of the shortage of social workers meaning they have large case loads so can't deal with people properly.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Disgusting behaviour in all areas but soon we'll start seeing the blame being pointed in all directions, much like what happened a couple of years ago in London (sorry can't remember the case name.)

Maybe this is of interest to some people:

Children that have Died from Social Services Failures | Database for UK and Eire paedophiles/child abusers

or even:

Name & Shame Social Workers: Shame Your Social Worker

this was the case in London: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Baby_P
                      Last edited by darmstadt; 1 August 2013, 20:40. Reason: Baby P
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X