• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cousin has a divorce hearing on Monday

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Much more commonly, but also much more subtly...
    Is Mum docking your pocket money until you've tidied your room?

Comment

Oaky apparently he actually had a hearing today and was told to come back on Monday and advised to bring a lawyer.
      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
        Oaky apparently he actually had a hearing today and was told to come back on Monday and advised to bring a lawyer.
        As expected - the judge wants to promote the family law gravy train. Total disgrace.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          As expected - the judge wants to promote the family law gravy train. Total disgrace.
          I think if one side has a lawyer you can't really tell them to get rid of said lawyer. Hence you have no choice but to tell the other side to get one.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Seems reasonable to have experienced defender in court - one less reason for appeals (not being properly represented).

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              I think if one side has a lawyer you can't really tell them to get rid of said lawyer. Hence you have no choice but to tell the other side to get one.
              This is why the system is rotten and shoite.

I have interviwed for gigs and told the client they didnt need me. They could save a fortune by doing x y or z.
              The justice system in this country is a fooking disgrace

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

What sort of divorce hearing? There is the formal divorce, the finances and the custody.

Formal divorce and custody are easy - finances are tough and cannot be done without a lawyer or VERY good mckenzie. Judges give people on their own a good kicking to make sort solicitors get used and propogate the family law gravy train.

Your cousin might as well throw himself off Clifton Suspension bridge.
                In the proess of my other half's divorce, we've done all three (divorce, custody, and ancillary relief) without a solicitor. I found Ancillary Relief pretty easy. We pretty much 'won' that one.

Thing is, you may always end up with a twattish judge. And then you're screwed - represented or not. :-/

Family Courts are pretty soul destroying. And I say this as someone who doesn't even believe in souls....

Comment

Originally posted by formant View Post
                  Thing is, you may always end up with a twattish judge.
                  There isn't any other kind - and they are all in it together - not for justice or truth, just to run the whole thing for their collective benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                    There isn't any other kind - and they are all in it together - not for justice or truth, just to run the whole thing for their collective benefit.
                    So, why they consistently screw men, just to look better in eyes of females?

Judges just follow the law and it's totally stupid in this country when it comes to divorces - if financial skew was removed then I reckon there will be less of divorce cases.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      So, why they consistently screw men, just to look better in eyes of females?

Judges just follow the law and it's totally stupid in this country when it comes to divorces - if financial skew was removed then I reckon there will be less of divorce cases.
                      I think you've answered your own question there, and for once I agree with you. There's no incentive for change for the lawyers - and Judges are only jumped-up lawyers.

Comment

Working...
                      X