• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gay at the office - Are you in or out?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We really upset one gay guy

Worked with a bloke one who came out in the office, announced something I guess must have been important to him.

No one said anything, we simply didn't care.

No one had suspected because it just wasn't that interesting to us. We no longer live in a Christian country, we don't lock up gays or brand them or (as in Alan Turing) force them to take overdoses of hormones.

If someone were to tell me he or she liked brunettes, I might listen, but I won't care, any more than you might be impressed or despise me for liking blondes

Few people outside the media thinks anything is more interesting because it is said or done by a gay bloke, I don't know exactly when that became true, but it was not recently.

Making a pass at people at work has gone the other way, it needs a bit of care to stop it causing you a hassle, presumably you've mastered the craft of making passes without getting thumped, turn that discretion up a bit and things will probably be OK.

My gay mate did say a nearly flattering thing about me when we were discussing gaydar in the pub. He gave various specious evaluations of the gayness of each of us, but apparently he was certain I was not gay, as in "no gay guy would take so little pride in his appearance as Dominic".
    My 12 year old is walking 26 miles for Cardiac Risk in the Young, you can sponsor him here

Comment

I was in a meeting today where one of the participants was called Stefanie but I presume was born Stefan...
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        I was in a meeting today where one of the participants was called Stefanie but I presume was born Stefan...
        Probably not. Most transsexuals choose a completely new name.

MTF transition: choosing a name

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

I could be "KentPhillipa".
          Has a certain ring to it I think
          Now where do I book the operation?

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
            I could be "KentPhillipa".
            Has a certain ring to it I think
            Now where do I book the operation?
            Just post a few offensive comments and cojak will surgically remove your balls for you.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

I used to work with a boy named Sue
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I thought all post op's had to be called A-Man-Duh!
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                X