• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Easily affordable

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isn't there the small matter of a boat full of explosives in the way of the Thames estuary plan?
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      Isn't there the small matter of a boat full of explosives in the way of the Thames estuary plan?
      Saves the terrorists bringing their own I suppose....

Comment

Yes but it doesn't effect the latest Isle of Grain proposal. Just the Estuary island / Southend / Sheppey proposal.

One advantage that is currently lost is the idea that you could connect both Kent and Essex to Boris Island which would provide multiple routes to and from the airport. The isle of Grain option leaves you with the joys of the A2.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Yes but it doesn't effect the latest Isle of Grain proposal. Just the Estuary island / Southend / Sheppey proposal.

One advantage that is currently lost is the idea that you could connect both Kent and Essex to Boris Island which would provide multiple routes to and from the airport. The isle of Grain option leaves you with the joys of the A2.
          Well, it's due east of Isle of Grain, so unless planes are only going to fly in over London, then I'd be wary of going that way

Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Well, it's due east of Isle of Grain, so unless planes are only going to fly in over London, then I'd be wary of going that way

I think there is a slight difference in the risk of flying over the site and building a multi billion pound airport next to it

Comment

If they close Heathrow half of Bucks & Berks low to mid level earners would be unemployed.

If they don't work at the airport they sell to it or its suppliers.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Anyway all of you Estuary proponents can fook right off - we need to build it in Lydd then my house price will go through the roof
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  If they close Heathrow half of Bucks & Berks low to mid level earners would be unemployed.

If they don't work at the airport they sell to it or its suppliers.
                  and what's wrong with that. They should get on their bikes to find work just like one of their former favourite MPs told those in the North to do.

Comment

and what's wrong with that. They should get on their bikes to find work just like one of their former favourite MPs told those in the North to do.
                    Exactly!

If it were oop north they'd shut it in the blink of an eye. Aye.

Comment

of course they can, but in the ten to twenty years it would take us to get back to full employment the lazy northerners would starve without benefits

Heathrow is a significant part of London's success.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X