• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Costco

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Never done the Costco thing - never even been to one.

However, there's a new one opening locally tomorrow, and I've got 25 people coming for a bbq on Sunday with no plan yet on what to feed them.

So it looks like I can sign myCo up for it for £20 + VAT. It seems like it has to be the company that joins - not an individual thing, although, whilst its possible I might buy some stuff for myCo there (I don't know what they sell yet!) membership is more likely to be a personal benefit.

S do I just pay for it myself, or is it fine to stick it as a company expense? I suspect the former, but just wondered what others do?
    So you are having a promotional event at your home. That can be fully offset of taxes. Don’t forget to have a ‘lessons learned’ seminar afterwards next weekend in Paris and your AGM in the Caribbean.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

You don't even need to go there anymore as they've started doing online shopping and home delivery.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        You've been in America too long Fatty Arbuckle
        That's what I love about you...

Nothing.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I'm not convinced of the benefits of these kinds of "wholesale" warehouses. I once had a "Makro" and a "Booker cash and carry" card for my business. But after you've added on the VAT the costs are no cheaper than Tescos. (yes you can claim back the VAT but that's tax evasion if you are buying for your own use. And a hassle).

Still it is tempting seeing these large boxes each with 500 Cadbury's dairy milk bars and similar. A capacity to seriously damage your waistline.

12 years ago at Macro, Halesowen I bought a 25Kg sack of potatoes for £2. After 5 weeks I had a 24.8Kg sack filled with mouldy potatoes each sprouting roots..

Comment

If you need meat for 25, I'd suggest finding a local butcher - for that number of people they should cut you a deal AND you'll get better stuff.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              If you need meat for 25, I'd suggest finding a local butcher - for that number of people they should cut you a deal AND you'll get better stuff.
              Once more you have proved how unhelpful and completely tangential your responses are.
              Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Costco is pretty good for stuff like nappies and bulk food for kids. You do tend to leave having spent a lot on things you definitely don't need though.

I enjoy wandering around and trying all of the free food samples. The in-store cafe is quite good as well, if you enjoy hot dogs made from indeterminate meat.
                Qdos Contractor - IR35 experts

Comment

Costco is good for those large birthday / celebration cakes and large packs of food if you are catering for a party. The cooked ribs are fantastic! Some electrical/electronic goods as well and sometimes books and clothing and kids stuff. Be careful about other things often when a supermarket has a deal on it is far cheaper than the costco price.

they do sell some stuff online but mostly not the perishable goods I think!
                  This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

I once bought 96 tins of baked beans from there many years ago as they were on special offer, never again
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                      I once bought 96 tins of baked beans from there many years ago as they were on special offer, never again
                      Could have been worse. On my first reading of the above I saw it as 96 tons of baked beans. You would definitely be a fair bit.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X