• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Illegal drugs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Answered no but technically I suppose yes as I drank when underage...

I have tried smoking and kind of like it but view the odd ciggie/cigar the way others view the odd bit of blow... a rarity.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
      I have a sex life so no need to resort to lurid fantasies. Especially when done already IRL.

You've already done AndyW's mum? You lucky bar steward.
      Can I have her number?

Comment

To answer the question: I answered No.
        I tried smoking cannabis once, but where I smoked it (Amsterdam) it wasn't illegal..

Comment

I used to have a problem with CAKE

Thankfully F.U.K.D. and B.O.M.B.D. helped me out
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

most of them (although never injected so that rules most of the harder ones out)

at some point in my life

still doesn't seem to have done me any harm

AYVMV

Comment

In the 80's, one of my travelling jobs in the states was putting up and taking down stages for rock concerts. The boss was a coke head and used to give us, me and an Australian friend I was traveling with, an 8 ball every pay day. we'd then scoot off to the nearest city, snort the lot, party for all weekend, and then have to phone him up as we were skint and needed work. Took me 6 months to get out of the spiral, and I knew if he hadn't kept on giving us an 8 ball, we'd got to the stage we would have needed to buy it. Knowing that, made me leave straight away.

A very fun 6 months of my life mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                Having been involved with the music business for decades and a large chunk of that professionally I was a bit naive and shocked by what I saw when I was gigging. The record companies used to supply the drugs and the number of well known names who indulged I found quite staggering.

I myself preferred booze and cigs and was never tempted by the freebies on offer (other than the groupies). Too scared to even take painkillers never mind hoover something up my nose and was respected for my stance.

I've perhaps done more damage to my body with legal drugs but my choice and never felt pressured to follow the 'in' crowd.

I have smoked spiffs in NL mainly when I had visitors and they wanted the coffee shop experience. I prefer alcohol.

I was told off and lectured by doctors and nurses at hospital for not taking pain killers, apparently the sooner pain killers are taken; the better the reaction. The longer pain is left; the more difficult it is to stop it and lengthens the body’s time to heal.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  I have smoked spiffs in NL mainly when I had visitors and they wanted the coffee shop experience. I prefer alcohol.

I was told off and lectured by doctors and nurses at hospital for not taking pain killers, apparently the sooner pain killers are taken; the better the reaction. The longer pain is left; the more difficult it is to stop it and lengthens the body’s time to heal.
                  I never knew that. Much to my partners annoyance I hate taking pills just for aches and pains. Much rather suffer the pain and moan about it a lot I would take them if it goes on for ages and am sick of it but according to this that is pointless. Interesting stuff.

Technically smoking spliff in a coffee shop is not illegal
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
                    Smoked a fair bit of weed in my early 20's and drank a pint of lager laced with speed by mistake once (my mate's beer).

Nothing since then other than alcohol.
                    Ate a plate full of hash cookies at a party many moons ago, and somehow ended up in the middle of a large field, up to my knees in mud. Must have attempted to walk home off my face and tried to take a short cut
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                      Ate a plate full of hash cookies at a party many moons ago, and somehow ended up in the middle of a large field, up to my knees in mud. Must have attempted to walk home off my face and tried to take a short cut
                      And there were two cows that had been pushed over, a horse ridden over a fence from another field, and a group of worried looking sheep with their trousers down..

Comment

Working...
                      X