• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Apprentice - WTF???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    I read that former Apprentice 'star' and media whore Katie Hopkins is in full on "say controversial things to get on the telly" mode.
    Who she?
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Nobody knows who the CEO of BK or McD is either though. Sugar uses people he actually knows and works with, not 'celebrity' interviewers, which is more real.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        Who she?
        Ginger babies. Like a baby. Just so much harder to love.
        – Katie Hopkins

It's comedy gold in a WTF!! kind of way.

Have a looky over on twitter

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Nobody knows who the CEO of BK or McD is either though. Sugar uses people he actually knows and works with, not 'celebrity' interviewers, which is more real.
          Well, they have more business expertise and experience than someone like Paul Kemsley, who has been dropped from recent Apprentice series for some strange reason. Possibly connected to his UK and US bankruptcy.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Has any Apprentice, winner or not, ever been successful?
            Last year's winner's business is this.
            Does it only have 109 jobs on it?
            And this is the great idea he pitched to that mediocrity Lord Sugar?
            Another fooking rec cons in a crowded market?

You gotta laff at these morons.

Either he's tulip hot and shifting these roles like a super-recruiter
            or 3 have been pulled by the clients after your withering critique

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              Well, they have more business expertise and experience than someone like Paul Kemsley, who has been dropped from recent Apprentice series for some strange reason. Possibly connected to his UK and US bankruptcy.
              But you want those interviewing to be those you know well - CEO of McD is not really needed to interview someone about a business plan

Comment

Runner Up 2006

Ruth Badger Consultancy - businesses launch, improve, sustainable growth. Affordable effective business improvements.
                My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

RUTH BADGER CONSULTANCY LIMITED. Free business summary taken from official Companies House information. Free Alerts.

Net worth £40K.
                  Feck me my business is worth more and I only started this year.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Aren't they simply counting net worth as cash in the bank + assets? If you keep £40k as your reserve fund after dividends and salaries of £1million...

Are these free services any good BTW... £1 for the real version from CH is so dirt cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      Aren't they simply counting net worth as cash in the bank + assets? If you keep £40k as your reserve fund after dividends and salaries of £1million...

Fair enough, but cash at bank of £44K, assets of 70K (typically unpaid invoices in a consultancy) doesn't shout million pound turnover.
                      I'm willing to bet this is not a million pound turnover business, more like an unsuccessful contractor's.

The moral of the story is don't knock techie skills, they trump being on telly and knowing Lord Sugar any day.
                      Last edited by sasguru; 11 July 2013, 13:13.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X