• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cashback offers - part of the contract?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon have now said they'll look into it - I reckon they'll come good.

Comment

You did notice that the price is £30 cheaper but with £20 less cashback now compared to the 22nd June....
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        You did notice that the price is £30 cheaper but with £20 less cashback now compared to the 22nd June....
        Indeed. But this was the product page when I bought it, so that's what I should get.

Comment

The ASA have apparently been clamping down on false end dates for offers, mainly with respect to extending them, but I would imagine they'd take a pretty dim view of ending it early too.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
            The ASA have apparently been clamping down on false end dates for offers, mainly with respect to extending them, but I would imagine they'd take a pretty dim view of ending it early too.
            I think Amazon made a genuine mistake and allocated the product to the wrong cashback category. Will wait and see what they say - the last email (after I sent the screenshot) said :

"From your e-mail, I understand that the cash back promotion shown on our website was for 50 GBP for the item, "Canon LEGRIA HF R48 High Definition Camcorder (3.28MP, 32x Optical Zoom, Wi-Fi Enabled with MP4 Support) 3 inch LCD" when you placed your order. You received only 30.00 GBP when you claimed it.

To help you resolve this issue, I will need to confirm this with the appropriate department . "

So assuming the appropriate department says, oops, yes, we changed it, I should get my £20.

Comment

Go on Canon's Facebook page and make a fuss

Go on Canon's Facebook page and make a fuss, likely they'll get back to you very quickly.
              My 12 year old is walking 26 miles for Cardiac Risk in the Young, you can sponsor him here

Comment

Originally posted by Dominic Connor View Post
                Go on Canon's Facebook page and make a fuss, likely they'll get back to you very quickly.
                Why when it was Amazon who messed up?
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Amazon are pretty good, however I'm not sure how any of this is Canon's fault if it was in their original T&Cs.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Amazon are pretty good, however I'm not sure how any of this is Canon's fault if it was in their original T&Cs.
                    No, I agree, it's Amazon who made the mistake. I'll give them an opportunity to resolve it before I make a fuss elsewhere - I think they're normally pretty good. Was just a bit peed off with the first email saying I'd bought the wrong product - I don't think they'd really read what I'd written, however the last email confirms they understand the issue.

Comment

Hello,

I wanted to let you know that we have an update regarding your query on the cash back promotion shown on our
                      website for the item, "Canon LEGRIA Camcorder":

"The Cashback value of your item is £30. We had £50 on the detail page for a while but this was due to the vendor supplying us with the wrong information. Vendor contacted us and the amount was changed. Customer is only entitled to £30 cashback. You may speak to the vendor on 0800 044 3251 regarding this Cashback or email them at [email protected]. "

You may have already received an automatic notification, but I wanted to personally update you.

I hope this helps. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Warmest regards,
                      That took a month. Now I'm cross

Just been on the phone to customer services - they'll speak to head office...

Comment

Working...
                      X