• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How many miles will a BMW 5 series 530D do?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Tell me about it, if they're anything like those ghastly rattly underpowered and insufferably noisy 2CVs, which a friend recently gave me a mercifully short lift in.

Why on Earth would anyone want to drive bangers like that these days, when there are so many quieter and more reliable and cheaper cars around?
    I used to think you were being funny then I realised you're just batty i.e. sort of "single woman with cats batty".
    Why on earth woukd you bring a 2CV into the conversation? Anyway a 2CV happens to be better than some of the post war cars BMW produced
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
      I'm not after an off road car.....

Well go and get your BMW with 1.5" of suspension travel and may you enjoy the pain of your piles over the pot-holes and speed bumps
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        Well go and get your BMW with 1.5" of suspension travel and may you enjoy the pain of your piles over the pot-holes and speed bumps
        sounds like he deserves it for being so close-minded.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

You wanna go and setup another thread about Citroens FFS. I can't stand french cars and I wouldn't go near one with a barge pole.
          My Dad had a couple of XMs, I've had a couple of Citroens, most recently a C4.
          On every single car the electronics started going after a few years. They're cheap, they come with lots of gadgets, but they sure don't seem to last. I would never buy another Citroen, and my experience of Renaults in the past has pushed me off French cars completely.
          Happy with my Audi A6 now - 3 years old, 70K on the clock and for (what I felt was) a reasonable price.

Comment

I am gonna be the first CUK BMW experiment.

Gonna go and view it this week, get it checked by BMW. Will let you know how it goes.
            BMW/Audi is the choice of the professional IT person.

French cars are for cabbies.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              BMW/Audi is the choice of the knobber.

Japanese cars are for cabbies.

FTFY
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                FTFY
                Oh, is that what one of your 2 "contracts" is? With a minicab firm?

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
                  Oh, is that what one of your 2 "contracts" is? With a minicab firm?
                  Honestly you guys make me laugh.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    BMW/Audi is the choice of the professional IT person.
                    It's also the choice of the bankers, the drug dealers and the racing morons.

I will stick to a German car that is not BMW/Audi.

Comment

Originally posted by KaiserWilly View Post
                      I will stick to a German car that is not BMW/Audi.
                      Yes I can just imagine you in this cruising around Tower Hamlets, pickelhaube protruding from the turret,

Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X