• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How many miles will a BMW 5 series 530D do?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most Jap cars that appear in the top most reliable models are driven by pensioners maybe 5K miles per year at 45 mph everywhere.

The German cars that usually appear in the least reliable list are technical marvels with 300 bhp+ engines driven by people doing 20K miles per year at speeds no lower than 95 mph.

HTH BIDI

A Cessna is probably a lot more reliable than an F-35....

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Most Jap cars that appear in the top most reliable models are driven by pensioners maybe 5K miles per year at 45 mph everywhere.

The German cars that usually appear in the least reliable list are technical marvels with 300 bhp+ engines driven by people doing 20K miles per year at speeds no lower than 95 mph.

HTH BIDI

A Cessna is probably a lot more reliable than an F-35....
      fair point.... however, the German cars have a lot more than can go wrong as compared to Jap cars.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
        Cheers but it genuinely is not about image
        Ah good, a great Toyota Avensis is within your budget
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Ah good, a great Toyota Avensis is within your budget
          Mrs has an awesome Toyota Corolla and while Toyotas are awesome machines they don't have the same fun factor. I want to actually enjoy my driving.... Saying that the Corolla we have is a fun car (compared to say my Golf) but I'd opt for something different this time round....

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

HTH BIDI
            Shows how much you know.
            Stop-start driving at low speeds with over-revving old ladies is worse for a car than regular motorway driving.
            So if pensioners bought German cars their record would be even worse.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Shows how much you know.
              Stop-start driving at low speeds with over-revving old ladies is worse for a car than regular motorway driving.
              So if pensioners bought German cars their record would be even worse.
              If you had to buy a car which had done 150k would you go for a German or a Japanese car?

sure Japanese cars are great up to 100k but I don't believe they are as solid as German cars past that point.....

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                Most taxi drivers in Germany have Mercedes E Class Diesles and they have extremely high mileage and tend to be reliable.
                FTFY.

The E class is actually the most reliable car in it's class.

Statistically BMW & Audi are pretty bad, although I suspect that to some extent this comes down to the models people buy and their sophistication. The high performance models are relatively popular and they are much more complex machines, so there is more to go wrong, and when it goes wrong it takes longer and costs more to fix.

I'd be interested to see numbers for the whole of europe where boggo 2.0L ones are more common.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

If you had to buy a car which had done 150k would you go for a German or a Japanese car?
                  Depends what I want to use it for (obviously).

For blasting up and down the motorways of Northern Europe, a big German sedan.

For escaping alive from rebels in the jungles of eastern Congo with no official dealerships for a thousand miles all round (admittedly not something I do everyday);

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

sure Japanese cars are great up to 100k but I don't believe they are as solid as German cars past that point.....
                    Family daily runner is an Accord I bought new - I don't do many miles but I'm willing to bet if serviced properly it could easily do 300K miles. It feels more solid than most German cars that my friends have, even if not as powerful.

Ironically I think Japanese cars are not maintained as well by their owners as German cars. Its a circular argument: I paid a lot for my German car, I must pay for my investment. German manufacturers laughing all the way to the bank.
                    Last edited by sasguru; 3 July 2013, 11:02.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Family daily runner is an Accord I bought new - I don't do many miles but I'm willing to bet if serviced properly it could easily do 300K miles. It feels more solid than most German cars that my friends have, even if not as powerful.

Ironically I think Japanese cars are not maintained as well by their owners as German cars. Its a circular argument: I paid a lot for my German car, I must pay for my investment. German manufacturers laughing all the way to the bank.
                      You are debating what car it is wise to buy after doing that?

Comment

Working...
                      X