• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

WTF. C4 to broadcast daily Muslim call to prayer during Ramadan next month

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Who's the troll?
    We are all trolls. There are no "normal" people here. Whatever normal is.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      I have to make an admittedly rather haphazard judgment of which persons I should fear most; Mo and Hamed who both seem quite reasonable, or a chap on the internet who admires a Prussian Kaiser that ruled over genocide and kicked off a world war. Hmmm difficult choice.
      Yeah. I think it is a difficult choice. The CIA/MI5/MI6, they are all on the hunt for German monarchists ready to blow themselves up in the Tube.

Comment

Originally posted by KaiserWilly View Post
        Yeah. I think it is a difficult choice. The CIA/MI5/MI6, they are all on the hunt for German monarchists ready to blow themselves up in the Tube.
        Very true. CIA/MI5/MI6 haven't got a department for silly, harmless loons yet, just dangerous loons.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          I think this decision is disgraceful. After all there are so few TV channels to choose from. Most people are virtually forced into watching C4. .
          You don't get it. This is a PR action by C4 to ingratiate themselves with the Muzz and make an statement of the sort: "look how multiculti and tolerant and open-minded and inclusive we are"

If instead they were broadcasting the summer conventions of the Jehovah's witnesses, people would think of them as creepy, backwards, reactionary, etc.

In Britain, the BBC and C4 set the Doxa, and the Doxa wants now Islam to be part of the mainstream.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Very true. CIA/MI5/MI6 haven't got a department for silly, harmless loons yet, just dangerous loons.
            I believe they have departments monitoring the activities of the extreme right, but when they look at KW they probably conclude he's more of a danger to himself than others.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

You don't get it. This is a PR action by C4 to ingratiate themselves with the Muzz and make an statement of the sort: "look how multiculti and tolerant and open-minded and inclusive we are"
              Or they think they can make some money out of selling advertising slots during ramadan.

I wonder what William of Ockham would guess?

Comment

In Britain, the BBC and C4 set the Doxa, and the Doxa wants now Islam to be part of the mainstream.
                Yep, Doxa probably have quite a few customers in the Arab world, seeing as most other people can't afford the damn things.
                DOXA WATCHES SWISS MADE WATCHES since 1889 l Clive Cussler Edition | SUB 1200T PROFESSIONAL DIVE WATCH !!NEW model!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  Or they think they can make some money out of selling advertising slots during ramadan.I wonder what William of Ockham would guess?
                  Yeah I believe Danish Bacon are lining up their bids right now..

as are Carlsberg

.. probably!

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    Yeah I believe Danish Bacon are lining up their bids right now..

as are Carlsberg

.. probably!
                    I was thinking more of Islamic banking services or airlines like Etihad and Emirates; lots of money to be made in that market.

Comment

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/11/wo...limsriots&_r=0

Reasonable behaviour?

I have no problem with anyone who goes about their business as a majority of muslims do but it makes my blood boil when we see people inciting hatred on UK streets with apparent impunity, when is our government going to grow some?

There must be a dedicated channel where the small minority (2%?) can have their program without controversially inflicting it on the vast majority? Or is that the point??
                      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                      X