• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jeremy Clarkson

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clog II The Avenger
    The site and the campaign looks like spoof. Probably a publicity stunt by Clarkson. I find some things on Top Gear amusing but I also find much of it including the presenters quite pretentious. They seem to be great drivers of other peoples cars while on a track but seem to be hopeless and amateurish on–road.
    Its the rockalltimes....think Onion!

Personally I rather enjoy Mr Clarkeson as an entertainer. His is not there to be taken seriously. I suspect he'd say the same if asked up front.

The Caravan trip - funniest thing I've seen on TV for far too long. When he dragged out the AK-47 I nearly pissed myself. Shame it all went up in flames Doh!

Top Gear is getting a tad boring though it must be said.
    http://nickmueller.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by TheMonkey
      Did anyone see the caravanning trip in TG this week.
      Yep ... excellent stuff.

Clarkson (to ageing caravaning woman) :"So ... what do you do once you've arrived at a caravan park ?"

Woman (after long bemused thought) : "Fill the toilet up ?"

Excellent that Jeremy Clarkson has brought the PC brigades out of their chlostrophobic cupboards. Now we can see who a few more of these negative, small minded dickheads really are.

Whilst Clarkson commands respect & admiration from the 4 corners of Britain, these boring, negative prats, when a push comes to a shove, command absolutely no respect from anyone.

Comment

Cyclists are fair game as are children. It's only running over wildlife that I object to.

PS Of course it's a spoof!!
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
          Cyclists are fair game as are children. It's only running over wildlife that I object to.

PS Of course it's a spoof!!
          So what would you think of the fox that killed my children's rabbit?
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I still think that Top Gear is one of the best things on telly (although to be fair it doesn't have a whole lot of competition) but I think Jezza is becoming a bit of a caricature(?) of himself if you know what I mean. He seems to just enjoy shocking now which really doesn't get the point across as well - he just comes across as a bit of a prat. Saying that I did agree with both him and Simon Cowell - there should be a special lane for people with nice cars

Comment

To me it just seems like he's going through the motions. Pretending to still be the rebel journalist when he's now just another comfortable middle class TV celeb.

Still it's better than the usual tulipe on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
                To me it just seems like he's going through the motions. Pretending to still be the rebel journalist when he's now just another comfortable middle class TV celeb.

Still it's better than the usual tulipe on TV.
                I could'nt agree more.
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

So what ? Which do you two prefer, that ... or watching endless sermons from self serving politically correct fanatics.

Credit where credit is due please.

Comment

Originally posted by BobTheCrate
                    So what ? Which do you two prefer, that ... or watching endless sermons from self serving politically correct fanatics.

Credit where credit is due please.
                    I hate Big Brother.
                    http://nickmueller.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Clog II The Avenger
                      The site and the campaign looks like spoof. Probably a publicity stunt by Clarkson. I find some things on Top Gear amusing but I also find much of it including the presenters quite pretentious. They seem to be great drivers of other peoples cars while on a track but seem to be hopeless and amateurish on–road.

The Rockall Times is a spoof satirical site run by the same fine folk who bring you The Register. A quick shufty at the leading stories on the front page should give you the general flavour of the site...

#
                      Rockall launches audacious World Cup 2022 bid
                      Arthur 'Big Dick' Scolari in shock move
                      #
                      Defiant Iran rattles high-speed sabre
                      Germany on 'full dress-uniform' alert as crisis deepens
                      #
                      Wobble-free Blair hails new world order
                      Labour faithful cock-a-hoop, bearded ragheads tremble
                      #
                      Marauding kids terrorise northern Congo
                      ITV reality show ends in carnage
                      #
                      West perfects propaganda superbomb
                      Intellect, memory and reason devastated by mass media terror weapon
                      #
                      War: What every parent should know
                      Our essential dossier will mean the difference between life and death for your kiddies
                      #
                      Emperor Mourinho threatens fabric of time and space
                      He's gonna blow, warn frantic boffins
                      #
                      Government promises extended alphabet by 2004
                      Voters to gain 'at least two letters'
                      #
                      W3C approves HTML 4 'emotitags'
                      Now you'll be able to say it with feeling
                      #
                      Cherie Blair's naked pagan shower sex romps with topless model
                      Crystal-wielding witch 'healed' PM's wife in orgy of Bacchanalian lust
                      #
                      Man's 11-inch penis is just car substitute, claim friends
                      Three attempts to pass driving test, then bought Lada estate
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X