• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Taking out a will

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Sweet release.
    That's on her gravestone no?

Comment

Just been quoted £350 plus VAT with a local company for the two Wills (married couple) on the basis that the Wills contain similar provisions.
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        FTFY

I have you know I've never had a complaint from Mrs Mac.
        Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        She's been very quiet since she died
        Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        That's on her gravestone no?
        Here lies Mrs Mac. She had a lucky escape.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
          Just been quoted £350 plus VAT with a local company for the two Wills (married couple) on the basis that the Wills contain similar provisions.
          Solicitors rate being around £300 per hour to do fa.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            Solicitors rate being around £300 per hour to do fa.
            vs. Contractor rates being about £300 per day to do fa

EDIT: my point being it amuses me that contractors like to be well-paid professionals, yet whine when they need to use the services of well-paid professionals, such as dentists, accountants and lawyers.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
              vs. Contractor rates being about £300 per day to do fa

EDIT: my point being it amuses me that contractors like to be well-paid professionals, yet whine when they need to use the services of well-paid professionals, such as dentists, accountants and lawyers.
              Aye but with a contractor you get a contractor doing the work but with a solicitor you pay for a solicitor and a 17 year old spotty oik on minimum wage does the work...

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                my point being it amuses me that contractors like to be well-paid professionals, yet whine when they need to use the services of well-paid professionals, such as dentists, accountants and lawyers.
                Well, yes, but that's because we know what a bunch of amateurish charlatans we are and assume that other well paid professionals are just googling for the answers like what we do.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  I need to make a will out and was wondering if I can use an online service, a WHS Smith pack or whether it's best to get a solicitor in? How did you lot do it?

I used the search first to see if anyone else had asked & they had but it was such a poor quality thread I thought it best to ask it again.
                  The wife and I used Willwriting Service Limited.
                  Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
                    The wife and I used Willwriting Service Limited.
                    Did that involve travelling anywhere or someone coming out to you - also did you get the witnesses yourself?
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I need to find someone in cloggers, we're looking at buying a house over here and with the house in blighty as well.

Though its not going to be cheap if the notary that reviewed my last contract is anything to go by, at least €800
                      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X