• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Un-Boomed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Un-Boomed

Been on the cards for a while. NLUK will be happy at least.

Not the best client but it was close to home and its been over 2 years so can't complain. It is still a little annoying when you know that there is still lots to do but the client can't see past saving money and getting the bobs in and you know its all going to end badly. But it happens to everyone I guess.

Still a bit weird to get an email from client saying sorry we don't need you anymore, thanks for all your work over the last two years, and, by the way, congrats on the birth of your child.

Hey ho. Maybe some time off for now and see what happens. Warchest pretty decent and I've got a bit of sideline contract on the go too so enough to last for around 18 months.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

Not the best client but it was close to home and its been over 2 years so can't complain. It is still a little annoying when you know that there is still lots to do but the client can't see past saving money and getting the bobs in and you know its all going to end badly. But it happens to everyone I guess.

Still a bit weird to get an email from client saying sorry we don't need you anymore, thanks for all your work over the last two years, and, by the way, congrats on the birth of your child.

Hey ho. Maybe some time off for now and see what happens. Warchest pretty decent and I've got a bit of sideline contract on the go too so enough to last for around 18 months.
    What's your field of work?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Best time for this to happen. Market seems buoyant in infrastructure and you have a new baby to spend time with if you wish. Well done for surviving a truly awful twunt of a client.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

Not the best client
        You don't say...

but it was close to home and its been over 2 years so can't complain.
        Yes you can, and did very regularly and ad infinitum..

It is still a little annoying
        Complain when you are in the gig, complain when the renew and still at it when they bin you. Poor buggers can't win.

Enjoy your time at home, get a great gig with nothing to complain about and you will wonder why on earth you stuck it through for so long. Looking forward to the boomed thread soon.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          He's a fluffer on the set of Free Willy 2, the KY Years.
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            Potatoes?
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              You don't say...

Yes you can, and did very regularly and ad infinitum..

Complain when you are in the gig, complain when the renew and still at it when they bin you. Poor buggers can't win.

Enjoy your time at home, get a great gig with nothing to complain about and you will wonder why on earth you stuck it through for so long. Looking forward to the boomed thread soon.
              He's the new Suity

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                Best time for this to happen...you have a new baby to spend time with
                FTFY
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  He's the new Suity
                  He's still at least 9 kids behind you mate, or sorry, 9 kids behind your missus
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    He's still at least 9 kids behind you mate, or sorry, 9 kids behind your missus

I do take some beating

Comment

Working...
                    X