• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor loses out on his 'dream' £1,000-a-week IT role

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Well for pig feast at grub club I inadvertently asked a Muslim to come along. I wasn't aware of his religious persuasion, given he used to come out drinking with us.

Was a tad embarrassed to say the least, he thought it was hilarious.
    My sister used to be a nanny and looked after this kid. The kid was a very fussy eater. One day she told her mum that she loved the bacon butties my sister gave her. My youngest brother once told me how he made a mean veggie chilli. Apparantly he was cooking for some veggie girl who said his chilli was lovely. His magic ingedient was to lob a couple of oxos in at the end.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
      My sister used to be a nanny and looked after this kid. The kid was a very fussy eater. One day she told her mum that she loved the bacon butties my sister gave her. My youngest brother once told me how he made a mean veggie chilli. Apparantly he was cooking for some veggie girl who said his chilli was lovely. His magic ingedient was to lob a couple of oxos in at the end.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Veggies

We had a party for his when my kid was 4 and we asked him if any were vegetarians.

"Yes" he replied

I then checked his answer asking "what do vegetarians do ?"

"They line up nicely"

He'd deduced this from the way school meals were run and his queue being told to line up nicely like the veggies.

One thing I also noticed was that food fetishism is best achieved by outsourcing.
        Some kids have genuine issues, for instance I react to eggs in a way best compared to scenes from The Exorcist, but mostly it is superstition, defective education and pretention.

Where we know of a genuine issue, we take great pride in finding stuff they can eat (self popping popcorn with no coating if all else fails), but when kids outsource their child rearing to nannies etc the help is programmed to stop their kids eating all sorts of things , yet these "intolerances" disappear when the mothers are looking after the kids and have to do the dirty work themselves of explaining to a kid why he can't eat the stuff other party goers can.

Being me, I have taken some satisfaction in explaining to veggies what Quorn is made from, which to those that care makes anything else look good.
        My 12 year old is walking 26 miles for Cardiac Risk in the Young, you can sponsor him here

Comment

Working...
        X