• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone working in "Machine Learning"?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by No2politics View Post
    Could I ask you to share more details as im interested in studying this too. have heard the courserra course on machine learning run by andrew ng is good. They also have a data science one from Washington university. The guy who runs analytic bridge is also bringing out a free data science course, which might be worth a look.
    I've heard great things about the Andrew Ng course - may look into that
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by No2politics View Post
      I would like to move into this area too. There are a few data scientist contracts knocking about paying reasonable loo la. only issue is the wide variety of skills they want. R, python,sas, hadoop and map reduce, and sometimes others such as apache mahoot tablea etc. and also the ability to code in sql. ie being a master of 2 softwares is enough in my current niche but to become a data scientist you really need to be on the forefront of many technologies.
      better to find a niche - in my case that's health economics. Sector knowledge more important than technology here.
      Plus TBH I don't like coding any more - too much like hard work and dull to boot.
      Last edited by sasguru; 19 June 2013, 07:48.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

That sounds high pressure for not a lot of cash.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

So, no real answers to properly thought out questions.

Interesting.

Comment

och ffs

give it a rest will yaz?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
              So, no real answers to properly thought out questions.

Interesting.
              You remind me of one of those old men at the beginning of the Muppets: bitter, past it, sniping away at fitter, younger, more virile and more capable actors on the stage.
              It would be better for you to figure out why you are unhappy and make changes, not in 5 years but now, if you can.

FYI I have interesting PMs about these topics with people who matter and who are not trolling. No2Politics being one of these. I have also had detailed discussions with Minestrone and MTT about this stuff.
              Last edited by sasguru; 19 June 2013, 08:05.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                You remind me of one of those old men at the beginning of the Muppets: bitter, past it, sniping away at fitter, younger, more virile and more capable actors on the stage.
                It would be better for you to figure out why you are unhappy and make changes, not in 5 years but now, if you can.
                Yeah, that would be good, but you're older than me, less virile, and most certainly less fit

You are repeatedly dull though; I am not unhappy, just unhappy in this particular project, but the money is great, I wfh most of the time, so I deal with it. I'm very happy, and have already made the changes in my life in order to make it better.

You should try it. Let's start by trying not to be Walter Mitty. Come on, give it a crack; you'll be much happier in the long term.

Comment

FYI I have interesting PMs about these topics with people who matter and who are not trolling. No2Politics being one of these. I have also had detailed discussions with Minestrone and MTT about this stuff.
                  You never PM'd me you bastard!

Comment

Go on, you keep telling us. It makes it true.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                      You never PM'd me you bastard!
                      What part of "people who matter" did you not get?
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X