• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hints for minutes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    Looks interesting. A few points though.

Can you get pen refills and how much are they? At £160 a throw, if the ink only lasts as long as a normal biro, that's an expensive pen.

I'd be a little concerned at what went on Evernote in view of their recent hack.

To be honest, if you have a decent stylus pen (£2 quid off ebay out performs a £9 Odoyo!) and one of the writing apps for your tablet, you can do pretty much the same. In meetings, I just set my tablet to record (after telling everyone Im recording) and when making my notes, just play this back to check if I've missed anything.
    I just stick to pearnote and notes on the tablet. That ties the notes to the part of the conversation occuring which means going back and confirming what was said takes seconds.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

When I used to have lots of meetings, I used an Acecad Digimemo.

Without any decent handwriting and handwriting recognition software, it didn't save much, since you still have to transcribe it into a format you can read.

In the end, I found it better to record all the meetings to MP3 and then write my notes and minutes based on listening to that - I could concentrate on what was being said, and always had an accurate record of the meeting. This was particularly useful when the meetings became more confrontational as the project headed towards the implosion point.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by badger7579 View Post
        Livescribe is impressive but it looks like it will only record my handwriting and to be fair I sometimes cant read my own writing. is there anything that can convert handwriting to typed text?
        MyScript Notes came with my Digimemo, and did an OK job. But you still have to go back and edit it to check it, and remove the doodling you make during the meeting, and remove the comments you don't want to share with everyone else
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
        X