• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sexism - in action

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem is men are scared to even try and chat a women up due to the feminist brigade complaining at the slightest hint of sexism. Be careful what you wish for.

Comment

Funnily enough one of the more senior managers has come into my office. While she's perfectly feminine in behaviour and look, I can't imagine anyone surviving being sexist towards her. Perhaps it's because she's German.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        Funnily enough one of the more senior managers has come into my office. While she's perfectly feminine in behaviour and look, I can't imagine anyone surviving being sexist towards her. Perhaps it's because she's German.
        I don't understand why some men act in a demeaning manner towards women and what they hope to achieve.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by proggy View Post
          The problem is men are scared to even try and chat a women up due to the feminist brigade complaining at the slightest hint of sexism. Be careful what you wish for.
          Alas that is all to true, many a time I have been read the riot act just for holding the door open for a women, yes I use it as an excuse to look at their arse but mainly its because it was how I was brought up.
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            Alas that is all to true, many a time I have been read the riot act just for holding the door open for a women, yes I use it as an excuse to look at their arse but mainly its because it was how I was brought up.
            Yeah, No wonder you use prostitutes mate, no games or misunderstandings, simple transaction.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
              Oh please MP.
              What? Perhaps your wife really is v pretty and it played a part in her working life, but I genuinely have no idea how being pretty or desirable would make my working life easier.
              Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                I think SueEllen comes across as rather smarter than that.
                Aye.

[the girls name was SueEllen I think]
                Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                  What? Perhaps your wife really is v pretty and it played a part in her working life, but I genuinely have no idea how being pretty or desirable would make my working life easier.
                  Because most men are stupid is the obvious answer

"She smiled at me, I might have a chance" is going through their head. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
                    Because most men are stupid is the obvious answer

"She smiled at me, I might have a chance" is going through their head. Seriously.
                    Yeah, Ok. Perhaps if I was permy it might be different, i.e. I might work for men who could get me places.
                    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                      This. Start calling him "big boy" or "throbber" or something.
                      Start calling him "tiny" instead.

If he keeps talking to your breasts, next time you're in a meeting, tell him "I'm wearing a bra, please stop trying to find my nipples"
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014
                      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                      X